Good computer deal alert

I just bought an Acer Aspire One computer at Costco for $349.99. It has an 8.9" screen and weighs only 2.1 pounds - the ultimate in a travel machine, or an extra machine around the house. It has Windows XP Home, Intel Atom processor N270, 1 GB of ram and a 120 GB hard drive, plus built in wireless (802.1 b/g) connectivity. No CD/DVD drive, but it does have 3 USB ports. The display looks very nice and text is surprisingly readable on the small screen.

I bought this because it came with XP - I sell a piece of equipment to the biotech industry whose software only runs/connects on XP and not on Vista, so I've been looking for something like this, and the price is unbeatable.

The Raleigh store ran out of these on Saturday (I looked at in the morning before heading to Cameron for the Virginia Union game, but didn't buy it, and when I came back after the game to do so, they were out of stock.) They said they'll be getting more in on Nov. 3. I called the Durham store Monday morning and they said they had 12 in stock - now no more than 11 . The item number is 339923 if you want to call your nearest Costco and see if they have it in stock before bopping over to check it out.
    Last edited by OZZIE4DUKE; 10-27-2008 at 05:48 PM. Reason: added more specs
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com