Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

larger crowd

I think there were at least 500, if not close to 1,000 people (but I may be way off). The media was everywhere. Disappointing that G didn't show, but GV and the other assistants were there with most of the team. GV was first to speak followed by Abby. GV said G will make the "tough decision" in a day or two. She also said she is reading all the emails and messages and keep sending them.

Then Christina Johnson phoned Elliot Wolf and said G was in town but exhausted and if he took some photos and sent them she would be sure G saw them. So he did.

more like 300

goduke.com reports 300 so I may have overestimated.

I'm in Durham and the posts are in Central Time.

Gth . . . T?

I had to laugh when some people started chanting, "Go to hell, Texas, go to hell," and I overheard Lindsey Harding say with a smile, "Now, wait a minute, I'm from Texas . . ."

Quote Originally Posted by zingit View Post
    I had to laugh when some people started chanting, "Go to hell, Texas, go to hell," and I overheard Lindsey Harding say with a smile, "Now, wait a minute, I'm from Texas . . ."
    Some things are "priceless"

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post
    I'm in Durham and the posts are in Central Time.
    You may not be correcting for Daylight Saving Time. I'm presuming your computer has the correct time, so here's how to fix the your BBS setting:

Click the User CP link in the mid-upper, left part of most any BBS screen.

Click Edit Options on the left side

Scroll down to the "Date & Time Options" section and make sure "DST Correction Option:" is set to "Automatically detect DST settings".

-jk

Question 2 threads are better than one?

Some of us posted our observations in the earlier thread about the rally which I think is titled "Rally for Coach G - 7:30pm". Should they be merged? Not that I really care, just curious.

Stay Gail, Stay!
    Last edited by Son of Jarhead; 03-30-2007 at 01:38 AM.
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

Thanks for that jk.

Here's the story from ESPN about the rally...
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=2818216

Go Duke!!

The positive publicity that Coach G has brought our school is worth it's weight in gold. Pay Up! She deserves it.

Durham, within a couple of miles of Cameron
    Although its a backhanded compliment of sorts, I've been amazed at how little anti-Duke hating/criticism Coach G and her program has produced. I copied this statement below from IC, as an example of the worst comments they have made; most of them use Gail to compare to Coach K, to make Coach K look bad, of course.
    If the Athletic department allows her to leave, then we need a new Athletic department. Wher are the Coach G negatives? Are there any?

from today's IC:
    It's a total PR move! Keep [duke] in the media while UNC is grabbing the headlines by going to the final four. She's looking for more money and a vice president's job. Can't blame her, she's learned from the best. [duke] PR/propaganda machine is second only to the Nazis. Coach Goebbels would be proud!

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    Although its a backhanded compliment of sorts, I've been amazed at how little anti-Duke hating/criticism Coach G and her program has produced. I copied this statement below from IC, as an example of the worst comments they have made; most of them use Gail to compare to Coach K, to make Coach K look bad, of course.
    If the Athletic department allows her to leave, then we need a new Athletic department. Where are the Coach G negatives? Are there any?
    My guess: The sort of fan who rabidly hates coach K and spends all his time posting on the internet about how evil K is isn't in the same demo with people who really care about WBB. You have to really care about something to get insanely worked up about it. G isn't evil because the K-is-evil crowd doesn't care enough [in the aggregate] about WBB.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by JStuart View Post
    If the Athletic department allows her to leave, then we need a new Athletic department. Wher are the Coach G negatives? Are there any?

from today's IC:
    It's a total PR move! Keep [duke] in the media while UNC is grabbing the headlines by going to the final four. She's looking for more money and a vice president's job. Can't blame her, she's learned from the best. [duke] PR/propaganda machine is second only to the Nazis. Coach Goebbels would be proud!
    how much anti-duke hating/criticism have the golf, soccer and xc teams produced?