Thread: Frame overlap

Thumbs down Frame overlap

Couldn't find the other thread looking several pages/days back, so I started this one. I'm getting frame overlap on Private Messages on the right side. I can't see the last couple of words on each line through the ad. I'd do a screen shot, but those are, after all, private messages. I'm using Firefox.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Couldn't find the other thread looking several pages/days back, so I started this one. I'm getting frame overlap on Private Messages on the right side. I can't see the last couple of words on each line through the ad. I'd do a screen shot, but those are, after all, private messages. I'm using Firefox.
    As a temporary workaround, try copying the message and pasting it into something like notepad. Let me know if you're having trouble copying all the text.

Does it happen regardless of browser? If the browser is set to maximum on the screen? All PMs or just a few? Does it persist through a screen refresh (F5)?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Does it happen regardless of browser? If the browser is set to maximum on the screen? All PMs or just a few? Does it persist through a screen refresh (F5)?

-jk
    For my sake and, maybe others, how do you take a screen snapshot and add it to a post?

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post

-jk
    Actually, it's happening on this "reply to thread" message too, as well as the PM's. I have my bookmarks displayed on the left side of the screen, as I always have. I rarely use IE or AOL for browsing, so I don't care if it does the overlap there. If I can paste the screen shot of this screen here on the screen, you'll see what I mean. Nope, don't know how to get that to work. I'll try linking back to this page

Nope,that didn't work either. How do I paste a screen shot onto the page?

And F5 didn't change anything.

9F 9F 9F

Actually, it's happening on this "reply to thread" message too, as well as the PM's. I have my bookmarks displayed on the left side of the screen, as I always have. I rarely use IE or AOL for browsing, so I don't care if it does the overlap there. If I can paste the screen shot of this screen here on the screen, you'll see what I mean. Nope, don't know how to get that to work. I'll try linking back to this page

Nope,that didn't work either. How do I paste a screen shot onto the page?

And F5 didn't change anything.
    I usually do a screen capture this way (Win XP):

* CTRL + Prt Scrn
    * Open Paint (usually the quickest and easiest- PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > PAINT)
    * Paste the screen shot
    * Save as .jpg (I usually do .jpg but you could also do another format)
    * Insert into post using the PAPER CLIP for ADD ATTACHMENT

Hope that helps. Hope I didn't screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post

* CTRL + Prt Scrn
    * Paste the screen shot

Would it be better to do ALT + Print Screen? I'm just asking as I use those keys to only capture the window I want to copy and not the rest of the stuff on my monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Would it be better to do ALT + Print Screen? I'm just asking as I use those keys to only capture the window I want to copy and not the rest of the stuff on my monitor.
    I like everyone seeing what I do at work.

* CTRL + Prt Scrn
    * Paste the screen shot

Thanks for the reminder of one more reason I love Vista - the snipping tool. I use it on a daily basis.

* CTRL + Prt Scrn
    * Paste the screen shot

Thanks, Sue. I was doing the CTRL+PrintScrn part, but just trying to paste it into a post from the clipboard, skipping the saving in Paint part.

In the screen capture I got here, the ad is partially transparent so you can see the right side of the PM through the clear ad, when it is not clear, you can't see the text: It worked!
    Attached Images Attached Images

9F 9F 9F

I have the Duke Basketball Report banner, links, and banner ad at the top of the screen. Then there's the Weatherbug and strip ad below it and nothing else on the screen (except black) beside them. I scroll down and immediately following those two ads comes the start of the actual forum or home page.

This started about 2 weeks ago. Before that I was having trouble with the right margin ads interfering with my page, too. I'm used to it, can live with it, and other than that everything works fine.