Pushing Daisies S2

Anyone watch the premiere? I love this show. The colors are gorgeous and the show is worth watching for the color schemes alone! The scripts are great, the dialogue is quirky and funny, and I love the characters. The first episode of this season opened up some interesting plot lines (ie The Piemaker's father) and did a nice job of recapping without spending a lot of time on it. I thought it was great! Anyone else enjoying this show?

Word is this show is on the verge of cancellation. Definitely a victim of the writer's strike as too many people forgot about it. It's a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Word is this show is on the verge of cancellation. Definitely a victim of the writer's strike as too many people forgot about it. It's a shame.
    I think it suffered from the problem of not feeling like it was going anywhere. It was stylish looking but I often found it forgettable. It was neither funny enough to make me laugh out loud nor was it compelling enough to make me really want to find out what would happen to the characters next. It was just a tad too quirky, in my mind.

The wife and I watched much of the first season, but really started to fade on it toward the time the strike happened. The final 2 episodes of season one sat on my DVR all summer long without us watching them. New episodes began to accumulate this fall and my wife said, "if we did not bother to watch when we had nothing to watch over the summer then we really should stop taping this thing." She was right and I deleted four or five episodes from my DVR and turned off the season pass a few weeks ago.

I would love to pick it up again if I heard it was doing great or that the show had found new life, but just the opposite seems to be the case. The ratings are not good and I suspect that even if it survives this season it will not come back next year.

Let me know if the pie maker ever figures out a way to touch the girl. That would be a nice ending to the show-- though not if she instantly dies, of course.

-Jason "I am sure folks will tell me I have been missing something great" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Let me know if the pie maker ever figures out a way to touch the girl. That would be a nice ending to the show-- though not if she instantly dies, of course.

-Jason "I am sure folks will tell me I have been missing something great" Evans
    My biggest problem with the show, which I've been enjoying for the cutesy dialogue even though you're right about the lack of direction, is that I find Chuck hugely annoying, especially compared to Olive. So, an ending where he touches her and she dies would be fine by me.

Cancelled!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they're probably going to cancel Dirty Sexy Money. Besides sports, these were the only two shows I watched on ABC. ABC, you are now dead to me. Am I alone in loving both of these shows? Although, DSM has been spending too much time lately on the nick-karen crap. But still, I found it entertaining and LOVED Pushing Daisies. Sad Friday for Cormac.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they're probably going to cancel Dirty Sexy Money. Besides sports, these were the only two shows I watched on ABC. ABC, you are now dead to me. Am I alone in loving both of these shows? Although, DSM has been spending too much time lately on the nick-karen crap. But still, I found it entertaining and LOVED Pushing Daisies. Sad Friday for Cormac.
    This is hardly a surprise. The numbers for Pushing Daisies have just been dismal.

This past week, PD did 4.86 million viewers, just barely ahead of America's Next Top Model on the CW (4.80 million) and Cuidado con el Angel on Univision (4.69 million). You read that right, Pushing Daisies on ABC is in a dogfight with shows from the CW and Univision. It is not like PD does great in some demographic either.

Sorry, but this had to happen. Very creative show, but one which never found a hook to keep the audience interested.

--Jason "sorry to see it go as I had hoped it would get better" Evans

It is official, ABC has canceled Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone, and Dirty Sexy Money. Well, ABC is not using the word canceled, it is saying that it is not ordering any more episodes of the shows after the 13 that have been ordered so far.

Pushing Daisies has already shot all 13 of its episodes and will end with a cliffhanger of sorts. EP Bryan Fuller says he is hoping to get a comic book or movie deal to resolve the cliffhanger and finish the story. We shall see.

Everyone in Hollywood now expects Fuller to go back to Heroes, which has been a disaster since he left mid-way through season one. Heroes is down 10 million in total viewers since season one -- that's a drop off of something like 65%. Yikes!!

--Jason "I have a bunch of Heroes still on my DVR... and I am considering watching it to see the train wreck" Evans

Wow

I did not realize that the ratings for PD were that bad. I knew they weren't great, but...just wow. He MIGHT get like a two hour special to wrap it all up, but I can't see him getting much more than that. Not many tv shows do any kind of movie/special after they are cancelled. I know the Pretender did. I think they did two movies (haven't seen them). The x-files obviously did theater movies, but that show was exponentially more popular than PD. I would say its just wishful thinking on his part and he probably should have prepared the 13th epi to at least semi-wrap things up. Just my opinion.

Accoring to this article, Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money and Eli Stone are all caput.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2008/11/...a.html?cnn=yes

I take some of this back

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    I TOTALLY forgot that LOST is on ABC...Not sure how I did that, but I did. So, ABC, I apologize, you are not COMPLETELY dead to me, just close.

it stinks Pushing Daisies gets canceled while a show like Heroes is staying around (for now).

sigh

this is the only show i watched with regularity, besides the office and 30 rock. i've liked this season, the clown car was very funny, the truffles episode as well. i tried explaining the overall premise and an episode to the in laws over dinner one time, they looked at me like i had two heads. i guess the rest of 'merica also looked at the show that way.