Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Wake Forest 33, Duke 30 /OT

Duke vs. Wake Forest is set for 3P on November 1 and will be telecast on ESPN360.

GO DUKE! Beat Wake!

Correction (I was in a hurry when I started this thread). Game time in Winston-Salem is 3:30P on November 1.

Any tips for trying to get access to espn360 if you don't have a supported broadband provider? Sure would be nice if it was more widely available...why hasn't a deal been worked out with Time Warner anyway?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I will be in the stands that day! My mom & stepdad live in Va, 1 1/2 hrs. from Winston, I'm heading to their house Friday that means I get to sleep in a bit before heading off to tailgate.

Got Q?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I will be in the stands that day! My mom & stepdad live in Va, 1 1/2 hrs. from Winston, I'm heading to their house Friday that means I get to sleep in a bit before heading off to tailgate.
    If you want some great BBQ for your tailgate menu, there's a fabulous place on University Parkway, a bit north of the US 52 interchange. The name is Pig 'N' Out.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    If you want some great BBQ for your tailgate menu, there's a fabulous place on University Parkway, a bit north of the US 52 interchange. The name is Pig 'N' Out.
    phltttttttt! I make my own!
    But I do make make that trip enough to note it on my future trip dinner map, so thanks. Lotta bbq signs on 52, and I'm always reluctant without a recommendation. I bought some bbq at the streetfair last week that I threw away...sad thing to eat bad bbq.

I'll be there. First Duke FB game for me since 2003.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

I will have 2 extra tix to the game if anyone is interested. I was hoping my dad and stepson could join me, but unfortunately neither can make it. They are on the Duke sidelines, sec 13 row L for reference. Would love to have a friendly face to yell with. Face value, PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    phltttttttt! I make my own!
    But I do make make that trip enough to note it on my future trip dinner map, so thanks. Lotta bbq signs on 52, and I'm always reluctant without a recommendation. I bought some bbq at the streetfair last week that I threw away...sad thing to eat bad bbq.
    I recommend only the finest! The style is western NC with fabulous BBQ slaw. The banana pudding is made from a cooked custard base and finished with real meringue on top. The strawberry cake is very good as well.

I am sorry.....

I hate to do this, but I would not go to Pig N Out, most people in Winston will go to Mr. Barbecue on Stratford Rd. It is only about 5 to 10 mins away from the stadium. Or go North on Highway 52 one exit past the stadium exit (which is Akron, I think) and get on Patterson Ave. and go to Carolina Barbecue, which is only 5 minutes at the most from the Stadium, and much easier to get to since it is right off the Highway. They are both Lexington style, (which is the best, and I am unanimous in that decision) Both of those places are far better, local family owned joints. Anybody around the stadium could tell you how to get there, or just punch it in on your GPS.

My fault

Mr. Barbecue is on Peters Creek Pkwy. Still only 5 minutes away from the stadium. Try one of those places you will be glad you did

Quote Originally Posted by DBFAN View Post
    I hate to do this, but I would not go to Pig N Out, most people in Winston will go to Mr. Barbecue on Stratford Rd. It is only about 5 to 10 mins away from the stadium. Or go North on Highway 52 one exit past the stadium exit (which is Akron, I think) and get on Patterson Ave. and go to Carolina Barbecue, which is only 5 minutes at the most from the Stadium, and much easier to get to since it is right off the Highway. They are both Lexington style, (which is the best, and I am unanimous in that decision) Both of those places are far better, local family owned joints. Anybody around the stadium could tell you how to get there, or just punch it in on your GPS.
    We can agree to disagree on which is better. I haven't polled most of the people in WS, but most of the people I know go to Pig 'N' Out. My family patronized Mr. Barbecue for many years; now we go to Pig 'N' Out. My high school class chose Pig 'N' Out for our recent class reunion.

Pig 'N' Out is family owned just as are Hill's and Little Richard's which you didn't mention, but also favored by many in the WS area. These are all varying degrees of good BBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by DBFAN View Post
    Perhaps you are thinking of Pig Pickins of America, not Pig 'N' Out. I can't find a Carolina Barbecue in the phone book.

It's my understanding that the owner of Pig 'N' Out was part owner of Mr. Barbecue at one time. The style of BBQ is Lexington or western NC. The restaurant is in high demand for catering and has many return customers. You'll never be served BBQ standing in liquid nor will it be greasy as happens in some other restaurants.

Title

Shouldn't the title of this thread be Duke vs Kentucky instead of Duke @ Wake Forest?

Pickins

All I know is that all of the other Pickins in town have closed down, don't get me wrong it is not that bad. I would have mentioned Little Richards but the time it takes to get there from the stadium is not worth it, and I made a mistake I have no idea why I called it Carolina Barbecue, I was referring to Hills Barbecue. So don't spend too much time looking that one up.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieMc View Post
    Shouldn't the title of this thread be Duke vs Kentucky instead of Duke @ Wake Forest?
    Sometimes the tailgate distracts from the main event!

After being shut out for the first time since 1998, Wake Forest will be away, playing Miami this coming Saturday. Could be an interesting match up after the game each had this past weekend.

I learned something today...

I know the difference between Lexington/Western sauce and Eastern Sauce, but I did not know that Eastern uses the whole pig compared to Lexington style only uses the shoulder. I also did not know that Eastern style uses a very minuscule amount of ingredients. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Little Richards is by far the best BBQ in Winston. Worth the extra few minutes on Country Club Rd.

Does anyone know if the radio broadcast will be online anywhere? I'll be at the game, but someone asked me, and I know someone usually posts a radio link on here. Thanks!

Oh, besides the obvious goduke.com option. Looking for something free.

Duke Football vs. Wake

Does anyone have a workaround for watching the game on ESPN 360 if Time Warner is your internet service provider? (One more reason to hate TWC.)