Kyle Singler is rested, stronger and ready to go

Kyle gained twenty pounds in the off season and hit the weight room in order to get ready for the rigors of a long season. He talks if the learning curve, getting fatigued and more.
    http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=1175

Needless to say, Kyle is one of keys in the Devils chances to make it deep into the post season.

Hopefully the freshmen will contribute enough to take some of the load off Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by RainingThrees View Post
    Hopefully the freshmen will contribute enough to take some of the load off Kyle.
    not just the freshman, but lance and zoubs too. Its obviously no secret that the one thing people are talking about WRT to kyle is having him not guard the 5 on defense. The other thing though, is that last year we didn't really have a suitable replacement for him at the 4 either. So even when Zoubs would come in and play center, we couldn't really afford to take Kyle out of the game, b/c a Zoubs/Lance combo downlow just wasn't very effective, particularly on offense. Hopefully, another year of experience for lance, a healthy mcclure, combined with the additions of plumlee and olek, will allow kyle to stay exclusively at the 4 and also not play as many minutes overall...(unless of course he can handle it. At which point, I hope he plays 35+mpg! tho realistically, I'd expect about 30mpg, maybe 33mpg once late january/february roles around...)

I totally agree. When Zoubek went down there were only to healthy players in the post and that is a no-no.

maybe singler is strong enough to guard the post now, without wearing down ... but seriously, if so, a small lineup with singler guarding the post for a few minutes could wreak havoc if used appropriately -- can't wait to see how k uses different lineups this year...

balkan boy

I think Kyle played well against Hansburry @ chaped hole. If he can bring Hans out, I like his chances taking him off the dribble or knocking down the 3 or mid range jumper. I think Plumlee will be more effective than Zoubek on O and D immediately.

This would be a great thread if it was March.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Kyle gained twenty pounds in the off season and hit the weight room in order to get ready for the rigors of a long season. He talks if the learning curve, getting fatigued and more.
    http://bluedevilnation.net/?p=1175

Needless to say, Kyle is one of keys in the Devils chances to make it deep into the post season.
    Nice interview, thanks for the tip.