View Poll Results: Which did you watch: Final Presidential Debate or NLCS?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Debate: Obama vs McCain

7 29.17%
  • NLCS: Phillies vs Dodgers

7 29.17%
  • I'm a true American: I switched back & forth

4 16.67%
  • Neither one: I did something else

6 25.00%

Final debate vs NLCS

I think I'll read a book instead. Or post here. Though I have been switching back & forth so far for entertainment value.

I'm switching between the debate thread on PPB, the TV, IM'ing with Mr. DA, and following friends' debate twitters via FB.

Didn't even realize there was a ball game on...

And I don't even care for baseball!

I voted neither - I am, unfortunately at work but am heading home to do laundry. (I lead such an exciting life!)

2 tuner DVR. I watched and listened to the debate, as worthless as it was, while watching/monitoring the game on the small (2nd tuner) picture.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    2 tuner DVR. I watched and listened to the debate, as worthless as it was, while watching/monitoring the game on the small (2nd tuner) picture.
    Nice! I tend to forget about the PIP on my tv.

Given the recent performance of the Dodgers, I would have recommended a good book in place of either.

There was a debate?

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    There was a debate?
    Duh! It was about the designated hitter rule and astro turf.

[/sarcasm]

DVR. Watched the debate more or less live, and the game afterward. No post-game shows for either.

Was in the pub with mostly Phils fans. After the Phils' lead got to 5-0, I said to the bartender, "OK, this game is pretty much over. Let's switch to the debate." He gave me the finger.

CSPAN was rerunning the debate when I got home, so I caught a bit of it before I went to bed.

something else: read and posted on DBR, the only real, true and reliable media source.

We played a show in Long Beach. We were supposed to be the opening band (only been together six weeks) but somehow the club owner woke up with her butt on her shoulders and decided the really awesome band should open and we would close, so went on at 11:30. We made some money though and got free drinks. I couldn't think of a more appropriate way to celebrate the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    We played a show in Long Beach. We were supposed to be the opening band (only been together six weeks) but somehow the club owner woke up with her butt on her shoulders and decided the really awesome band should open and we would close, so went on at 11:30. We made some money though and got free drinks. I couldn't think of a more appropriate way to celebrate the debate.
    You need to call me and tell me how it went!

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    You need to call me and tell me how it went!
    Ha! You know me and phones! 20+ people showed up, not bad for a Wednesday night, and not bad for Long Beach. Best part was the broken guitar, and the tequila, and the waiting 2.5 hours to play (there were lots of beers before we went on stage).

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Ha! You know me and phones! 20+ people showed up, not bad for a Wednesday night, and not bad for Long Beach. Best part was the broken guitar, and the tequila, and the waiting 2.5 hours to play (there were lots of beers before we went on stage).
    Dude, your ear won't fall off. It didn't the other night when we chatted. Amazing, no?

Glad to hear it went well, though. You'll have to tell me when the next one is... preferably on a Friday/Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Dude, your ear won't fall off. It didn't the other night when we chatted. Amazing, no?

Glad to hear it went well, though. You'll have to tell me when the next one is... preferably on a Friday/Saturday.
    We're definitely taking some time off to write some new stuff and practice a bit more. Six weeks to learn seven songs was really pushing it, at least from my perspective. I'm also looking forward to writing, and not just playing over previously written songs. I'm hoping December or January for the next show. We'll see!