Thread: Devil's Walk

Devil's Walk

Cutcliffe indicated at today's press conference that Saturday's Devils Walk will go through CIS at approximately 1:15. No this is not an attempted hostile takeover but rather a synergestic attempt to allow Ozzie to be in two places at once.

Way cool.

Cut is amazing! He always seems to do the right thing. If he chooses to get out of coaching he would make a great pr man.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Cutcliffe indicated at today's press conference that Saturday's Devils Walk will go through CIS at approximately 1:15. No this is not an attempted hostile takeover but rather a synergestic attempt to allow Ozzie to be in two places at once.

Way cool.
    Thanks for the props, Jim, but unfortunately the other place I'll be on Saturday afternoon is in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Unavoidable family obligations, unfortunately scheduled without my consent. Grrrrr. But come 3:30 I'll find a TV somewhere that has ESPNU on the tube I'm watching. It'll probably also serve Bud Light....
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    But come 3:30 I'll find a TV somewhere that has ESPNU on the tube I'm watching. It'll probably also serve Bud Light....
    I want a TV like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post
    I want a TV like that!
    The establishment will serve Bud Light, not the TV itself.

Do you remember the beer dispensing refrigerator designed by a Duke engineering student a couple of years ago? It was shown on Letterman.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KOCY_xkyT0
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Ok, I am confused....

I thought the Blue-White scrimmage started at 1:00??? When you say the walk is going to go through CIS at 1:15 do you mean outside of CIS or THROUGH it? If you mean through it, is the game going to start after the walk or something?? Someone help to un-confuse me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CMS2478 View Post
    I thought the Blue-White scrimmage started at 1:00??? When you say the walk is going to go through CIS at 1:15 do you mean outside of CIS or THROUGH it? If you mean through it, is the game going to start after the walk or something?? Someone help to un-confuse me!!!
    Going to go through CIS, the game is going to stop at 1:15 for the Devil's Walk and then resume afterwards.

yep. the basketball game will be stopped and the Devils Walk will go through right smack dab down the heart of Cameron Street.

Now I think that is pretty cool. Nice that Coach K is being supportive as well and letting this happen. I'll be there in Cameron with my Duke football shirt on at a basketball game. Now that is something you don't see everyday at Duke. I hope we can get them pumped and ready to beat Miami. What a great day it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    yep. the basketball game will be stopped and the Devils Walk will go through right smack dab down the heart of Cameron Street.
    THAT

IS

AWESOME!

I am pumped, and hope to see many of our alumni friends who are in town at the football game!

I can't see a man, attempting to show such pride during his first year, being a willing candidate for a job somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    I can't see a man, attempting to show such pride during his first year, being a willing candidate for a job somewhere else.
    A new cheer we can do for Coach Cutcliffe: HE IS DUKE!

Quote Originally Posted by 6th Man View Post
    Now I think that is pretty cool. Nice that Coach K is being supportive as well and letting this happen.

Absolutely! Coach K always knows the right thing to do, too! Very, very classy.

A true defining moment for Duke football. Thank you, Coach K. Thank you, Coach Cut. Sooooo sorry I can't be there -- so PLEASE DBRers post lots of pics -- or a link to such.

Awesome. Wonderful. Incredible. Inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    A true defining moment for Duke football. Thank you, Coach K. Thank you, Coach Cut.
    I think this is the kind of DUKE commitment that kept Coach K at Duke, and will make Coach Cut think two, three, and more times before he decides that maybe he should leave for more money, glory, headlines, "headaches", etc...

Fabulous idea, simply fabulous.

Another positive note

Coach K will appear with Coach Cutcliffe later today for the Cokes with Coach Cutcliffe session for students. I love the way these two coaches can work together!