Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you use for phone,tv,internet ?

I have a bundle from Cox Cable. Like the phone and Internet is okay but TV could be better. Probably problems in my home. Anyways, wonder what everyone has and if they like it.

Thanks
    SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    I have a bundle from Cox Cable. Like the phone and Internet is okay but TV could be better. Probably problems in my home. Anyways, wonder what everyone has and if they like it.

Thanks
    SoCal
    I've got TWC for cable and internet, haven't had a home phone in who knows how long. I'm pleased with both services. I've also had Cox for both services as well and had no complaints. What's wrong with the TV in your home?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I added up what I would save with a bundle, and it would have cost me MORE money. (Through TWC). We just don't make enough long distance calls. In fact I dumped TWC for TV, because I get more for less with DirecTV. After I cancelled the TV account, they told me they could reduce my price, and I had been paying too much. Nice timing on their part, but I enjoy my satellite. I use Time Warner for internet, extremely fast and I'm happy with it.

phone: no land line
    internet: use other people's unencrypted wifi
    teevee: building comes with cable. i have never paid for teevee in my life. well, not directly.

total cost: $0

Time Warner for all three - the service has been excellent. For a while my TV picture quality was poor, particularly on the lower channels. A rep came out and installed a signal booster (you can buy one yourself for about $10 bucks) and since then it has been outstanding.

Brighthouse for all three. I've been pretty happy with them. I've thought about switching to DirectTV but in Florida in the summer the daily thunderstorms cause service issues so I'll stick with the cable.

I do call Brighthouse everytime I get a fllyer from the other cable company to get them to match the promotional rate.

I've got Comcast for all three...its been okay, but I do miss the introductory pricing that expired after one year. Verizon Fios is supposed to show up soon...

I have long been an advocate here for both Alltel (cellular) and Vonage for VOIP. And I'm pleased with TWC's service, both the actual service (TV and internet) and their technical service when needed.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I have long been an advocate here for both Alltel (cellular) and Vonage for VOIP. And I'm pleased with TWC's service, both the actual service (TV and internet) and their technical service when needed.
    I second that. Customer service from cable companies has long been the butt of jokes. However, over the past few years I have been given prompt and highly skilled customer service from TWC on those rare occassions when I have needed it. I can say the same for Alltell. The VOIP I get from TWC has been of such high quality that I have never considered moving to Vonage, though I could save a few bucks with them (the last time I check it was less thatn $5 per month). I think I get pretty good value from TWC on VOIP, so I'm not willing to switch for that small of a savings.

We have Verizon for our cell phones, Verizon FIOS for our internet and phone, and Directv for our TV.

Verizon wireless for phones, TWC for internet and DirecTV for television... TWC bundles would actually cost me more than getting the internet from them and directv for television...

I finally got fed up with Cox Cable. They don't carry ESPNU in Hi Def so I had to watch the last two Duke games in fuzzyvision. I told that to the salesman at the Cox counter when I turned in my boxes. He gave me a hard time and showed me his light blue carolina bracelet. Apparently, carolina grads have moved up the food chain. Instead of "Do you want fries with that?", it's now "Do you want HBO with that?"

Anyway, I went with the Verizon FIOS bundle. So far it's been great - much stronger signal, many more channels including more Hi Def, and cheaper. Also, all of the extras I have tried (like "favorites") actually work and work much better than their Cox counterparts.

We have Verizon FIOS for landline, cable, and internet and are very pleased with all three. We get ESPNU, Fox soccer and NFL network on the basic lineup. Our bill is $122 a month all-in, including two (regular, not hi-def) cable boxes. This is on Long Island.

I've mentioned it before, but if there are any current or potential FiOS customers that need some assistance, feel free to PM me. I work as a marketing analyst for Verizon, but I can answer questions or get you in touch with the right folks here.

We switched to DirecTV form Time Warner when we got our HD tv. Time Warner HD selections were too limited and more expensive. I also had way too many problems with their cable internet - the speeds were always horrible. So we're on DirecTV and Verizon DSL now. The DSL worked out well since I needed to get a basic landline for our security system anyway, and it's also required for DSL. No LD service, use cell phones for that.

I'm excavating old threads to comment on, just getting caught up from my exile.

Verizon FIOS for intarwebs and TV. Love, love, love it. No landline phone -- we just use our iPhones (AT&T, of course). We'll probably never have a home phone line again.

Question

I'm in SoCal and we have DirecTV for TV and Full Court Press and love it -- although I'm infuriated with them for cancelling their contract with Tivo. We LOVE our Tivo...but to keep the unit we have, we don't get much in HD.

Our cell phones are through ATT/Verizon and the reception is exceptional -- even in areas where our previous cell phones didn't work.

We still have a landline through ATT ---- and thinking of cancelling, since our cells work so great. Not sure yet about that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    \
    We still have a landline through ATT ---- and thinking of cancelling, since our cells work so great. Not sure yet about that decision.
    We made that decision 4 years ago, with no regrets. Well, except once when our power went out for 24 hours, and the nearest cell phone tower also ran out of batteries after about 12 hours. Our cell phones had plenty of charge, tho...

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I'm excavating old threads to comment on, just getting caught up from my exile.
    Working on the buffer I see...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    We made that decision 4 years ago, with no regrets. Well, except once when our power went out for 24 hours, and the nearest cell phone tower also ran out of batteries after about 12 hours. Our cell phones had plenty of charge, tho...
    How could you survive for 12 hours without a phone?