My Patella is Bleeding.

I played tennis tonight. Slid for a shot. Made the shot because I rule.

But my patella is now bleeding. Incidentally, I have a bi-partate patella. I think I made it worse tonight. Looks like a big lump on my patella.

I may see a doctor about my patella.

Did I spell patella correctly when speaking of my bloody patella?

-EJ

P.S. Blood is all over the place. Because I know it's not life threatening, I find it facinating.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post

But my patella is now bleeding. Incidentally, I have a bi-partate patella. I think I made it worse tonight. Looks like a big lump on my patella.

-EJ

P.S. Blood is all over the place. Because I know it's not life threatening, I find it facinating.

I saw a picture. Blood is NOT all over the place. It's a running stream down his shin.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I saw a picture. Blood is NOT all over the place. It's a running stream down his shin.
    With all due respect, you didn't see my carpet; and I never said it was all MY blood!

-EarlJam

With all due respect, you didn't see my carpet; and I never said it was all MY blood!

-EarlJam
    I can only work with what I was given.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post

Hmmm, does this fit in the TMI camp? Two options, have the patella removed or ...

-EJ

No, it's spelled: pickel

-EarlJam
    How about the drapes? Walls? What about the other guy? Should we have seen what he looked like afterward? Were the authorities alerted?

Happy healing.

Question

Given the title of this thread, are you still bleeding EarlJam? There would be a serious issue if you still are.

What's the end result of your issue?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Given the title of this thread, are you still bleeding EarlJam? There would be a serious issue if you still are.

What's the end result of your issue?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    'Tis just a flesh wound. All is okay now, relatively speaking.

-EJ

EJ, I will happily practice my suturing technique on your knee when you're at Wally Wade on the 18th if you wish!! I'll even use a clean needle and thread When I was in PA school, we had a game called "shots and knots." I think it's time to revive that classic competition

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    EJ, I will happily practice my suturing technique on your knee when you're at Wally Wade on the 18th if you wish!! I'll even use a clean needle and thread When I was in PA school, we had a game called "shots and knots." I think it's time to revive that classic competition
    This I would buy tickets for!

I was always kinda fascinated by sports injuries as well. My hands/fingers were totally shredded from playing football and I considered it a badge of honor to walk away from a game bloodied and bruised. The "best" ever, a pulling guard popped me on the chin right when I swimming past a tackle, split my chin to the bone. I bled all over the place. It was sweet.

Worst I ever had was a time I went up for a rebound and another guy (who could literally leap tall buildings) came over me, swiped the ball and came down with his elbow directly on top of my skull. I bit through my tongue. The bleeding was tremendous. This wound does heal a lot quicker than I thought it would.

I've gotten heebie-jeebies whenever I see an intentionally pierced tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Worst I ever had was a time I went up for a rebound and another guy (who could literally leap tall buildings) came over me, swiped the ball and came down with his elbow directly on top of my skull. I bit through my tongue. The bleeding was tremendous. This wound does heal a lot quicker than I thought it would.

Ouch, ouch, ouch!!!

I hate tongue injuries! Haven't had one in a long time but yours sounded really bad. Really takes a bite out of the pleasure of eating (pun intended).

Dang.

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post

OWWWW! When I was a camp counselor at a day camp we used to take the kids roller skating. The Cardinal Rule at the rink was "No skates in the game room!" A little kid, Patrick, decided he was above the rules so he tried to play a game of pool while on skates. I was running towards him right when he pulled the cue back to break, and his skates came out from under him. He fell straight down and smacked his face on the edge of the pool table causing the bottom row of teeth to punch through his bottom lip. I have never heard howling so intense, and I have never seen so much blood in my life. It was pure horror.