Warrick Brown, dead or alive?

CSI Fans (and the occassional lookie lou), the season premier begins tonight.
    Do you believe Warrick dies from the gun shots or do you think he'll survive?

My own opinion is, from the readining I've done so far, he will die. OR, in usual TV fashion, he'll survive but have to go away for some time. In his absence, a new CSI will be brought in (in this case a new CSI chick... I forget her name).

What do you think? WB dies or survives?

Quote Originally Posted by knights68 View Post
    CSI Fans (and the occassional lookie lou), the season premier begins tonight.
    Do you believe Warrick dies from the gun shots or do you think he'll survive?

My own opinion is, from the readining I've done so far, he will die. OR, in usual TV fashion, he'll survive but have to go away for some time. In his absence, a new CSI will be brought in (in this case a new CSI chick... I forget her name).

What do you think? WB dies or survives?
    Unlike CSI Miami, which brought back Horatio, I think Warrick dies. (I wish it was the other way around - Warrick survives and Horatio stayed dead.)

Isn't the actor in jail for heroin trafficking?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Busted for drugs...he's dead. (Not just drugs, but felony drugs...coke, heroin, ecstasy..all in one car.)

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Isn't the actor in jail for heroin trafficking?
    Not in jail. Though he did plead guilty to possesion, cocaine and ecstasy. He paid a fine and has/had to go through a drug program.

I'm a little disappointed CSI fired him over this. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Not in jail. Though he did plead guilty to possesion, cocaine and ecstasy. He paid a fine and has/had to go through a drug program.

I'm a little disappointed CSI fired him over this. Am I missing something?
    Why would this firing surprise you? Would the sponsors want to have this drug history identified with their brand?

According to this, Dourdan quit the show before he was arrested.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art13423.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Why would this firing surprise you? Would the sponsors want to have this drug history identified with their brand?
    While Hollywood will do what sponsors wish, I don't get the sense that every time an actor is arrested for drugs they are fired to please the sponsors. Shoot, the girl from Lost even served jail time and still starred on the show.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    While Hollywood will do what sponsors wish, I don't get the sense that every time an actor is arrested for drugs they are fired to please the sponsors. Shoot, the girl from Lost even served jail time and still starred on the show.
    Which one? They killed off a couple for drunk driving.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Which one? They killed off a couple for drunk driving.
    Michelle Rodriquez, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Rodriguez. Granted she only had a one year contract, but she was pulled over for DUI while filming in Hawaii and didn't lose her job.

Michelle Rodriquez, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Rodriguez. Granted she only had a one year contract, but she was pulled over for DUI while filming in Hawaii and didn't lose her job.
    Yes she did, they killed her off after. She was arrested twice, but since the first came exactly a month before the second, it's hard to know if they demised her for the second one only. Her co-star got whacked for only one arrest, which happened the same day as Rodriguez's second arrest.
    The guy who plays the Korean was also arrested for DUI this year, he should probably be job hunting.

I think he's dead. Makes me a little sad that this could be the death knell for CSI. Fox gone, Dourdan gone, and the big one, Peterson leaving after episode 10. This could be the end of an era. He did say he would be willing to do a movie, which I think would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Yes she did, they killed her off after. She was arrested twice, but since the first came exactly a month before the second, it's hard to know if they demised her for the second one only. Her co-star got whacked for only one arrest, which happened the same day as Rodriguez's second arrest.
    The guy who plays the Korean was also arrested for DUI this year, he should probably be job hunting.
    Do you believe that every star who's ever been arrested has been fired from their job?

Do you believe that every star who's ever been arrested has been fired from their job?
    Nope, but don't get arrested and work on LOST!
    I do think alot has to do with the arrest. Sponsors, especially on big shows, will not have much tolerance for supporting DUI and drug arrests. It doesn't mean it's right, but the sponsors pay the bills. Just as we say we might not agree with the firing, I guarantee you that there is someone or some group is emailing somebody that they can't believe so and so is still on the show, and they will not buy products advertised on it anymore.

Tilly got me thinking

It's odd to think that if Dourdan were in any other job, he would most likely be working with the support of his company. Most employers, if they value the employee, will at least offer moral support, some offer real help. He could even be a politician or a preacher and have a rosier outlook on his job security. Strange world.