View Poll Results: What are you most embarrassed to purchase in a store?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Condoms

4 25.00%
  • Tampons

2 12.50%
  • Toilet Paper

2 12.50%
  • Hair Coloring

0 0%
  • Laxitives

1 6.25%
  • Enemas (sp)

1 6.25%
  • Canned Soup

0 0%
  • Alcohol

0 0%
  • Gas-X

0 0%
  • Chicken

1 6.25%
  • Tabloids

2 12.50%
  • Other (explain)

3 18.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you feel most embarrassed about...

...to purchase in a grocery store?

A pregnancy test?

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    A pregnancy test?
    Ding ding ding! Winner!

You can turn the poll off now.

A pregnancy test?
    I respecfully disagree. I bought one of those one time and was high on life. I was grinning walking out. I was very dissapointed that the result was negative.

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    I respecfully disagree. I bought one of those one time and was high on life. I was grinning walking out. I was very dissapointed that the result was negative.

-EJ
    Ok, you are right... perspective and context play an important role in this one. I retract my earlier stance, in the above mentioned situation.

But if you're a teenage boy... in Alaska or wherever the Spears' family lives... (Please don't move this to the PPB)

I still remember the first time I bought condoms... i'm blushing even thinking about it! It didn't help that the condom 'display' was right in front of the pharmacy, where the pharmacist was an old guy who just kind of eyed me coming and going...

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Ok, you are right... perspective and context play an important role in this one. I retract my earlier stance, in the above mentioned situation.

But if you're a teenage boy... in Alaska or wherever the Spears' family lives... (Please don't move this to the PPB)
    Good point. Though I am still going to bury my head in the sand - emu style.

And what's so embarrassing about canned soup?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I still remember the first time I bought condoms... i'm blushing even thinking about it! It didn't help that the condom 'display' was right in front of the pharmacy, where the pharmacist was an old guy who just kind of eyed me coming and going...
    Oh sick.

I'm looking forward to sharing the same advice with my children, that my dad shared with me: "If you're too embarrassed to buy condoms, then you're not old enough to be having sex."

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    And what's so embarrassing about canned soup?
    If you're Sue, nothing. If you're Bobby Flay...

If you're Sue, nothing. If you're Bobby Flay...
    Wait, let me type it myself:
    Pottymouth pottymouth pottymouth.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Wait, let me type it myself:
    Pottymouth pottymouth pottymouth.
    Ha ha, sweet. You're also Wojo right now. Don't type anything or you'll lose it. I'm serious.

Red face This is definitely the most embarrassing for us guys...

I've been married for 7 years and have three kids, there's pretty much nothing it embarrasses me to buy at this point. However, in the olden days of my youth, adult material (the Hef version most commonly) was definitely the most embarrassing, especially if there was a woman working the counter. Haven't really needed that in the last decade or so, so I'm not sure whether it would embarrass me anymore or not. Besides, there's better stuff you can order on the internet or by subscription if one needs it now. From what I hear, of course. Just kidding, I really haven't bought any of that stuff in a LONG time. I wonder if walk-in stores sell much of that stuff anymore, except maybe to minors who can't buy it online as easily.

I was always pretty much proud when I bought condoms, cause it meant I had the opportunity to use them. I guess I was a little embarrassed buying feminine products the first couple times, but that was a decade ago.

Wait, I just thought of one! I had to buy a pack of adult Poise pads for my mom when she was ill (ironically, it went on her legs for sores she got). As an adult male in his early 30's, that was a little embarrassing. All the Walmart employees staring at me standing there in front of the giant wall full of options trying to figure out what the heck I needed. Actually, they probably weren't staring at me at all, but it felt like it, especially when I glanced up and saw the big brother dark gray eyeball security cameras staring down at me. My biggest fear was seeing someone I know, especially a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Wait, I just thought of one! I had to buy a pack of adult Poise pads for my mom when she was ill (ironically, it went on her legs for sores she got). As an adult male in his early 30's, that was a little embarrassing. All the Walmart employees staring at me standing there in front of the giant wall full of options trying to figure out what the heck I needed. Actually, they probably weren't staring at me at all, but it felt like it, especially when I glanced up and saw the big brother dark gray eyeball security cameras staring down at me. My biggest fear was seeing someone I know, especially a guy.
    I'm right there with you bjornolf. This reminds me, I think there's a site where you can order "embarrassing" products and have them delivered so you can avoid the humiliation of shopping in public. I'll see if I can dig it up.

One of my customers was walking her dog late at night and they were both spray by a skunk. She was barely hit because the dog took the brunt of the attack. The vet was closed because it was so late but he was cool enough to take her call. He recommended that she purchase as much douche as she could and bath the dog in the douche. So she went to a drug store around 10:00 PM and bought every single douche they had. That's a lot of douche. She was humiliated. I would be too.

I was kind of embarrassed to go into the store and have to buy Preperation H one time.

I chose "other." And I'm too embarrassed to explain what it was that I purchased. That's how embarrassing the purchase was.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I chose "other." And I'm too embarrassed to explain what it was that I purchased. That's how embarrassing the purchase was.
    Heck, I'm embarrassed for all y'all by association

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Wow. That must have been some kind of product.

On a separate note, and I'm being serious here. Does anyone remember a product called Tussy? I remember seeing it in the medicine cabinet growing up. Was never sure of exactly what it was; or its purpose.

And please, no making fun of my mother.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Wow. That must have been some kind of product.

On a separate note, and I'm being serious here. Does anyone remember a product called Tussy? I remember seeing it in the medicine cabinet growing up. Was never sure of exactly what it was; or its purpose.

And please, no making fun of my mother.

-EarlJam
    Is this what you're asking about http://www.medshopexpress.com/person...ts-tussy.html?

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    That's it!

I had no idea the brand was still around. They've lost brand visibility, so they might as well change the awful name.

-EJ