Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

The Second Time Around is Harder

Training for a marathon I mean.

Maybe because I know what I'm getting into. Maybe because life is intruding more. Maybe because I keep getting colds. But this second go-round has been brutal so far. Can't wait to get over the current cold. I'm running the Tufts 10K on Monday and I'll be shocked if I break my time from last year.

Oh. Running.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post

Maybe because I know what I'm getting into. Maybe because life is intruding more. Maybe because I keep getting colds. But this second go-round has been brutal so far. Can't wait to get over the current cold. I'm running the Tufts 10K on Monday and I'll be shocked if I break my time from last year.
    Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Like most people, I was sure this was going to be a thread about second spouses. Can't contribute on that score, as I'm still happily on my first.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Like most people, I was sure this was going to be a thread about second spouses. Can't contribute on that score, as I'm still happily on my first.
    17 years for me, although he's out of town right now, for a week, in Monterey, California, so I can't promise 17 more at the moment because he does this a lot. (For work, I feel compelled to add.)

BD, hope you're feeling better soon. Sending good vibes to you for your race this weekend.

Oh, I thought this was a thread to rival the LTE, perhaps, LTE II.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Get well and best of luck. I can't believe the times that marathon's are being run in, the record is now under 2hrs, 4 minutes. That's insane. Who can run 13mph for that long?! (Obviously, the winner)

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    BD, hope you're feeling better soon. Sending good vibes to you for your race this weekend.

Oh, I thought this was a thread to rival the LTE, perhaps, LTE II.
    Thanks Tilly! I don't feel too bad but running with a cold makes the breathing that much harder.

Thanks Tilly! I don't feel too bad but running with a cold makes the breathing that much harder.
    Living life with a cold makes breathing harder! Just getting over one myself.

You know, BD, if you can't run the Boston Marathon in April, you DO have another event you could attend in Durham. . .

But I hope you feel better soon. Wash your hands often. Take your Airborne tablets. Get lots of rest.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    You know, BD, if you can't run the Boston Marathon in April, you DO have another event you could attend in Durham. . .

But I hope you feel better soon. Wash your hands often. Take your Airborne tablets. Get lots of rest.
    No airborne tablets! They were found to have no value whatsoever in preventing colds and the makers were sued as a result of their false claims, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airborn...ary_supplement).

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Watching the Devils win it all on the big screen in Cameron?

Class of '84 Reunion Weekend is right before the Boston Marathon. It's a quandry. Hubby was Class of '84 (I'm Class of '85).

Dang BD, I'm really sorry to hear that it's a brutal going. I hope you feel much better soon and get lots of rest. Let me know if you need me to kidnap hubby and send him back home. Monterey is about a six hour drive from here, but I here it's lovely and I'm always down for a road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Watching the Devils win it all on the big screen in Cameron?

You got it!

When the going gets tough....the Devils get tougher.

Go BD, Go!!