View Poll Results: "Fresh Cracked Pepper?" What is your response?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • None for me, thanks.

7 21.88%
  • One - Two rotations of the thingy.

8 25.00%
  • Four - Seven rotations of the thingy.

11 34.38%
  • Eight - 15 rotations of the thingy.

2 6.25%
  • More than 20 rotations of the thingy.

0 0%
  • Even more than 20 rotations of the thingy.

0 0%
  • I just can't get enough black pepper!

4 12.50%
  • I like it, but would never consume fresh blacked pepper.

0 0%

Fresh Cracked Pepper?

When a server asks you if you want fresh cracked pepper, generally, what is your response?

Why don't you leave the grinder here on the table?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    mmmmm, fresh thingied pepper.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    When a server asks you if you want fresh cracked pepper, generally, what is your response?
    If I want it, I say "Yes, please."
    If I don't want it, I say "No, thank you."

This is my lamest response ever to an EJam post.

I usually say "Yes, keep going until I say stop".
    Then I have to ask the server to keep going because they A) can't follow directions, or B) don't believe the insane amounts of pepper I like on my food.

One of my favorites is a wedge salad mounded with fresh cracked pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    One of my favorites is a wedge salad mounded with fresh cracked pepper.
    (emphasis added)

Take note: gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins!

I say "No thanks" and after the server leaves the table my husband, son and I crack up because we are thinking of the SNL Dana Carvey "Fresh-a pepper?" skit.

I like to get exactly three turns of the grinder. Where is my option for three turns of the grinder, EJ? WHERE IS MY OPTION?!!!

Well, most of the time I eat in places where you can help yourself to condiments in little foil packets and seasonings in the little paper ones. But every once in a while we splurge and go to a high-end place like the Hungry Heifer. I especially enjoy fresh cracked pepper on caesar salad, and maybe some other salad varieties depending on the mood...

However, the other variable that must be considered is the server's cranking ability. I've noticed that female servers tend to give dainty little cranks, and often need encouragement to be more vigorous with the cranker. Male servers tend to be quite adept at good hearty hand cranks...

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    I usually say "Yes, keep going until I say stop".
    Then I have to ask the server to keep going because they A) can't follow directions, or B) don't believe the insane amounts of pepper I like on my food.
    I have exactly the same problem. I rarely touch salt (except for fries and corn on the cob) but simply cannot get enough pepper.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    (emphasis added)

Take note: gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins!
    I can't help it. A lot of people think that pepper gets in the way of me leading a normal life, that I don't live up to my potential, I don't get it. See, I LOVE pepper. I dream about it all the time, and cannot keep my mind of thoughts of pepper. Don't you dare try and take my pepper either! It's mine, all mine. I would open up a serious can if anyone tries to take my pepper. I understand your immediate reaction might be to worship me for my love of pepper, and that's understandable because pepper is awesome and so am I, but really that would just be envy, another one of those sins.

I can't help it. A lot of people think that pepper gets in the way of me leading a normal life, that I don't live up to my potential, I don't get it. See, I LOVE pepper. I dream about it all the time, and cannot keep my mind of thoughts of pepper. Don't you dare try and take my pepper either! It's mine, all mine. I would open up a serious can if anyone tries to take my pepper. I understand your immediate reaction might be to worship me for my love of pepper, and that's understandable because pepper is awesome and so am I, but really that would just be envy, another one of those sins.
    I know a couple doctors to whom you might be referred...

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I know a couple doctors to whom you might be referred...
    Sweet. PM me with details.

Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    I say "No thanks" and after the server leaves the table my husband, son and I crack up because we are thinking of the SNL Dana Carvey "Fresh-a pepper?" skit.
    I have the exact same reaction.

I'm a big fan of pepper, rarely use salt. But for some reason I generally say no to fresh ground pepper when I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by BluDevilGal View Post
    I'm a big fan of pepper, rarely use salt. But for some reason I generally say no to fresh ground pepper when I'm out.
    Be daring. Give it a shot. There are few spices that are quite as wonderful and diverse as freshly ground pepper. Do it this weekend, and report back to us with your findings.

Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    And here's the sketch... http://www.hulu.com/watch/19596/satu...ive-pepper-boy

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFunExpectToWin View Post
    Ha ha! Thanks, Glad I'm not the only one who thought of that.