NY DN: Chris Duhon

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...html#community

"Talking with Coach K, he told me what kind of kid he was, how he never gets tired and how he really wants to play this way, and that kind of got my antennae up," D'Antoni said. "So he hasn't been a surprise, because it's true."

D'Antoni's system should definitely be a better fit for Duhon, and I think it will be a lot of fun to watch. With Brand and Duhon going to new teams and leaving former Dukies on their old ones, there are a few new teams to pull for in the NBA this season.

Not on the Clips

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius07 View Post
    D'Antoni's system should definitely be a better fit for Duhon, and I think it will be a lot of fun to watch. With Brand and Duhon going to new teams and leaving former Dukies on their old ones, there are a few new teams to pull for in the NBA this season.
    Don't believe Elton left any former Duke players behind. Maggette's with Golden State along with DeMarcus.

Another good guy creats his own good fortune through a Duke type work ethic. Can't wait to see him lead the Knicks into the playoffs. Good luck Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Another good guy creats his own good fortune through a Duke type work ethic.
    The way I heard it, it wasn't really work ethic: Chicago was sick of his partying and skipping town when he wasn't supposed to. He was a valuable free agent, but the Coach K/D'Antoni Olympic connection certainly didn't hurt Du's situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Another good guy creats his own good fortune through a Duke type work ethic. Can't wait to see him lead the Knicks into the playoffs. Good luck Chris!
    Knicks to the playoffs? Look what d'Antoni has to work with!! Although it is the East and they may just pull off something crazy but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    The way I heard it, it wasn't really work ethic: Chicago was sick of his partying and skipping town when he wasn't supposed to. He was a valuable free agent, but the Coach K/D'Antoni Olympic connection certainly didn't hurt Du's situation.
    This is true, although Skiles did say a few times that Duhon was the hardest working player in practices. I think maybe it was a bit of both...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    This is true, although Skiles did say a few times that Duhon was the hardest working player in practices. I think maybe it was a bit of both...
    Chris is also a very hard-working humanitarian and member of society, as evidenced by his work in charities and all the time, money, and effort he has donated to rebuilding communities in Louisiana after Katrina. So saying he has a Duke type work ethic is more correct than not, in my opinion. But yes, he has sometimes spent too much time going out and partying.

This might be the stat line I least expected out of Chris tonight per ESPN:

5 points in seven shots, 10 rebounds, 6 assists, 7 TO's.
    He out-rebounded one of the "center"'s from the Olympic team.

Quote Originally Posted by dball View Post
    Don't believe Elton left any former Duke players behind. Maggette's with Golden State along with DeMarcus.
    Right, thanks, I thought Maggette had stayed. It's kind of too bad. I really thought the Clips had a shot a few years ago when they made the playoffs and were loaded with Duke-associated players (Brand, Maggette, Ewing, Livingston). They were playing so well and it just fell apart. As a sometimes-Wiz fan it'll be harder to cheer for Philly though.