Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is the worst idea in the long sad history of bad ideas.

I love that line, it made The Lost World worth it. But yeah, superfluous movie sequels are always terrible ideas and pretty much never work.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    This is wrong. The sequel concept is wrong; Annie & Nuke getting married is beyond wrong. This whole thread even discussing it is wrong.

I move that the moderators not just close this thread, but delete it, and permanently ban anyone who ever dares again to breath mention of defaming such a sacred movie as "Bull Durham."*

*Bull Durham - voted tied for #1 best sports movie ever, by DBOR-OT Readers.
    DA, don't hold back, let us know how you really feel.

Michael Bolton: That's the worst idea I've ever heard in my life, Tom.
    Samir: Yes, this is horrible, this idea.

Samir Naga...Naga...Nagonna make this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by riverside6 View Post
    Samir Naga...Naga...Nagonna make this movie?
    Your post made me snarf milk out my nose. Well done, sir!!

--Jason "any time you can drop in a good Office Space quote, you done right!" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I move that the moderators not just close this thread, but delete it, and permanently ban anyone who ever dares again to breath mention of defaming such a sacred movie as "Bull Durham."*

*Bull Durham - voted tied for #1 best sports movie ever, by DBOR-OT Readers.
    Not so fast!!

In the initial final poll, Hoosiers was voted the #1 sports movie by DBR-OT readers. Field of Dreams was 2nd and Bull Durham came in third. The Natural, Rocky, and Chariots of Fire also garnered significant support. But the race between the top 3 films was so close that there were loud calls for a re-vote with only the top 3 contenders as our choices. It was that vote which produced a winning result for Field of Dreams. Hoosiers took second in that poll, one vote ahead of Bull Durham.

--Jason "Bull Durham was great, but it was never #1" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Not so fast!!

In the initial final poll, Hoosiers was voted the #1 sports movie by DBR-OT readers. Field of Dreams was 2nd and Bull Durham came in third. The Natural, Rocky, and Chariots of Fire also garnered significant support. But the race between the top 3 films was so close that there were loud calls for a re-vote with only the top 3 contenders as our choices. It was that vote which produced a winning result for Field of Dreams. Hoosiers took second in that poll, one vote ahead of Bull Durham.

--Jason "Bull Durham was great, but it was never #1" Evans
    Yeah, okay, I confess to not going back to check final poll tallies, but IIRC, at one point with a fair amount of voting having occurred, all three were tied.

But, I stand corrected.

And, Jason, if you're reading this, please go ahead and lock the thread, thanks.

Sorry to disagree with most of these posts, but I think that a sequel to Bull Durham is a GREAT idea! BUT -- let's have Sarandon and Costner be married, with Robbins as the manager -- and romantic interloper/wish it was him character.

Add some "young blood" as players and groupies -- (you know...all those folk in People magazine that most of us don't know who the hell they are)...and I think ya got a pic with legs.

Director Shelton, Susan, Kevin and Tim are too dynamic on screen -- and with good instincts and opinions to create a stinker IMO. I'm waiting with bated breath. I think (with the right handling) it could be a hit.

Ladies and gentelmen, I believe we have granted a reprieve.

http://heraldsun.southernheadlines.c.../4-996502.cfm?

Mount said because a screenplay is still in the works, he has received no commitments from actors. "It's correctly described as a development project at the moment," he said. "We would like all of those people to be in it, but they're not committed at the moment."
    Oh! They do want to begin filming at the DBAP (Durham Bulls Athletic Park, which is the new one) next spring. Hmmm, perhaps Tilly will finally get to make her big screen debut.
    Last edited by TillyGalore; 10-08-2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Info about filming.

No, really, stop discussing it.

As Dr. Evil would say, 'Zip it."

"www.shh.com"

<lock thread here.>

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    This can't be about owning and running a major league club. The entire essence of the movie was about minor league life and characters.
    Minor thread hijack: I disagree with this. The essence of the movie is a pretty classic, if not predictable, love story. It was wrapped in the "minor league life and characters" as a way to make it a chick-flick that guys would also love. And you know what? It worked (better than "For Love of the Game", although I enjoyed that too). Great, great movie. The sequel is a bad idea but it won't hurt the greatness of the original. Along with "High Fidelity", it is the best chick-flick/guy movie in my collection.