Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

McDonald's AA Game

What are you all most looking forward to about the game tomorrow night? For me, it's Kyle Singler. I've seen Smith, King, and Patterson play in the hoopball classic in Durham, and I really want to see if he measures up to the hype he's been given all year. In addition, lots of great players headed elsewhere should be fun to watch: Eric Gordon, Kevin Love, Michael Beasley, OJ "Ball in the Stands" Mayo, etc.

So what about you guys? Any thoughts/expectations for tomorrow night?

My Expectations.....

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post
    What are you all most looking forward to about the game tomorrow night? For me, it's Kyle Singler. I've seen Smith, King, and Patterson play in the hoopball classic in Durham, and I really want to see if he measures up to the hype he's been given all year. In addition, lots of great players headed elsewhere should be fun to watch: Eric Gordon, Kevin Love, Michael Beasley, OJ "Ball in the Stands" Mayo, etc.

A WHOLE LOT OF BALL-HOGGING!!!

McDonald's AA Game

The McDonald's game is not a very good venue to take the measure of future Duke players, especially frontcourt players. There have been some notable exceptions (G. Hill, McRoberts) but players like Laettner and Ferry were practically invisible in this game. Showboating will be the order of the day and Singler is no showboat.

The upcoming Nike Hoops Summit will be a better gauge. Singler and Smith are on the USA team.

overlooked aspect

What I like about tomorrow's AA game is that there's only one Florida recruit, no Kentucky recruits, and 3 Duke recruits. With all the players hanging out and spending a lot of time together, you better believe Nolan, Kyle and Taylor will be in Patrick Patterson's ear giving him the Duke pitch all trip long...

C'mon home Patrick!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    What I like about tomorrow's AA game is that there's only one Florida recruit, no Kentucky recruits, and 3 Duke recruits. With all the players hanging out and spending a lot of time together, you better believe Nolan, Kyle and Taylor will be in Patrick Patterson's ear giving him the Duke pitch all trip long...

C'mon home Patrick!!!!
    I can only hope that you're right, and that Patterson decides to continue the Duke tradition with the other All-Americans. I can't believe that he wouldn't have run into them a bunch already, though, as they've all been active on the AAU circuit. Also, didn't he play against Nolan's team in Durham? Hopefully they hit it off in the past and continue the good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    Also, didn't he play against Nolan's team in Durham? Hopefully they hit it off in the past and continue the good times.
    Nolan's team played Taylor's team in the game before Patterson's game. Hopefully, like you said, they had some friendly conversations with him.

Derrick Rose!

Ditto with all the previous sentiment...

But to add one player that I haven't seen many discussing, despite his high ranking, Derrick Rose. Just my 2 cents that he's the best HS player I saw this year (albeit only a few times on TV). I could certainly be wrong but what I witnessed was a special player, in terms of his package of feel/skills/strength/athleticism combined with a mature passion.

Anyways, lack of defense and showboating aside, it'll be fun to see so many future Blue Devils on the court together!

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!! Go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ikiru36 View Post
    Ditto with all the previous sentiment...

But to add one player that I haven't seen many discussing, despite his high ranking, Derrick Rose. Just my 2 cents that he's the best HS player I saw this year (albeit only a few times on TV). I could certainly be wrong but what I witnessed was a special player, in terms of his package of feel/skills/strength/athleticism combined with a mature passion.
    I agree, Derrick Rose is the truth. With Calipari getting kids like that and going to 2 straight Elite 8s, who needs Kentucky?

Then again, money does talk, so we'll see...

I'm looking forward to see how good the Carolina kids will be. You know, the ones who will replace Wright, Lawson, Terry, Miller, and Hansbrough. UNC could be really stuck next season if their Mickie Dees don't step up.

--Jason "tee hee" Evans

LOL.

Post of the Day award goes to Evans.

LOL.

Post of the Day award goes to Evans.
    Ditto. That was tight.

Attending...

Ill be attending the game... I can't wait to see singler however i doubt he shows much since the game is mostly dunking and showboating which i dont see him or any of duke's recruits doing besides maybe smith. I'll try to put a word in to PP for us

That stuff maybe true but JJ was the MVP of the game the same year that Carmelo, Chris Bosh, and others played in the McDonald's game.

hopefully Taylor King can reestablish the Duke recruit tradition of winning the 3 point contest . . . someone please correct me if I have this wrong.

Nate James
    Shane Battier
    Jason Williams
    Chris Duhon
    JJ Redick

I think Trajan won it as well

^^DeMarcus Nelson won it too, I believe. I could be wrong, though.

As for what I am looking forward to, though, it is hands down watching Taylor King in the three-point contest and then sitting back and tuning into him draining some 25, 27 footers in the actual game. My VCR will be ready.

Good luck to Kyle, Nolan, and Patrick as well. I am very excited to see them on the big stage, together.
    Last edited by Cameron; 03-27-2007 at 08:11 PM.

when is the 3pt/dunk on tv

thanks in advance

^^Tomorrow night at 7:00 on ESPN.

Not this year

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    hopefully Taylor King can reestablish the Duke recruit tradition of winning the 3 point contest . . . someone please correct me if I have this wrong.

Nate James
    Shane Battier
    Jason Williams
    Chris Duhon
    JJ Redick
    This has already been decided and King was not even in the final 2. I was a bit surprised not to see his name.

I know you have all heard about Eric Gordan right? I just thought i would tell you that in his Indiana State title game, i was there, he was the 3rd best player on the court. Behind Purdue recruit E'twaun Moore and sophmore 6'11 Angel Garcia. I was very shocked, because i went to the game against Jujuan Johnson *also Purdue recruit, and Jeff Teague Wake Forest recruit. But i discoverd his trend though (which i think everyone did by the 4th quarter) he is only comfortable shooting on the mid right side for threes. I just thought i would give you a little knowledge or what ever on Eric Gordan because i saw someone mention hiom earlier...