Monogram bumper stickers...

...make me want to hurt things for some reason. What if your name is Ursula Caroline Norton?

Not too fond of the flip flops either. I don't understand what flip flops have to do with anything. What does this mean this flippity flop? How can you like flip flops enough to support their very existence on your car? (After reading I realized that this paragraph is brought to you by Larry David.)

Thanks for the vent. Thoughts?

and what's the deal with airplane peanuts?

monogram

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    ...make me want to hurt things for some reason. What if your name is Ursula Caroline Norton?

Not too fond of the flip flops either. I don't understand what flip flops have to do with anything. What does this mean this flippity flop? How can you like flip flops enough to support their very existence on your car? (After reading I realized that this paragraph is brought to you by Larry David.)

Or Amelia Sondheim Smith.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    William Thomas Fielding...he's out there somewhere laughing his Amelia Sondheim Smith off.

All I have to say is: GTHC!!!!

I hadn't seen the monograms on cars until I moved back to North Carolina this summer. While I like monograms, the neon pink and green colors are just too much for me and my Duke Blue car.

I think it's a southern thing. Do any of you see the monogrammed initial window clings or bumper stickers on cars in other parts of the country?

Monograms are for towels, sweaters, stationery, silverware, luggage and other personal items. But cars?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I hadn't seen the monograms on cars until I moved back to North Carolina this summer. While I like monograms, the neon pink and green colors are just too much for me and my Duke Blue car.

I think it's a southern thing. Do any of you see the monogrammed initial window clings or bumper stickers on cars in other parts of the country?

Monograms are for towels, sweaters, stationery, silverware, luggage and other personal items. But cars?
    I've seen a few out in Southern California, mostly "LBC". There is a plethora of those window cling families adorning SUVs. You know the ones that show all the members of the family, even the dog, complete with their names underneath them. I find this disturbing. Very disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post

I didnt really notice the monograms until I moved to Greenville. Must be a Beaufort/Pitt County thing. More southern than southern.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    There is a plethora of those window cling families adorning SUVs. You know the ones that show all the members of the family, even the dog, complete with their names underneath them. I find this disturbing. Very disturbing.
    Are you referring to the stick figures? Here they don't cling, they just stick. Disturbing is an understatement.

Others that make me cringe are OBX, or as if you needed to get a little more retarted, IBX (inner banks).

Others that make me cringe are OBX, or as if you needed to get a little more retarted, IBX (inner banks).
    Those might be the only banks North Carolina will be left with once this credit crisis thingie is finished.

Are you referring to the stick figures? Here they don't cling, they just stick. Disturbing is an understatement.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one with the fear of stick figure families. Here's a link:

Glad to know I'm not the only one with the fear of stick figure families. Here's a link:
    That reminds me of the stick figures in the books I read in kindergarten.

menacing

I think the dog and cat can take them.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    menacing
    Look at the dog. He's trying to tell you something. He's saying "Get me out."

I saw a stick-figure family on a mini-van the other day, but the father stick was crossed out with a big "X". I assume a recent divorce, and she's glad to get rid of him!

Do stick-figures have pictures of people on their rear windows?

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Do stick-figures have pictures of people on their rear windows?
    They have stickers of Calvin relieving himself on the families' heads.