Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    If advertisements get you this annoyed, I can only imagine what happens to you when you discuss something that actually matters.

Silky, invoking the Big Lebowski gives you the benefit of the doubt, but honestly, let's talk about basketball now.

I appreciate Watzone's posts personally. It's information I would normally not have otherwise. Usually he is correct but the guy doesn't live at the Patterson's home so if he is off a bit that is understood. Isn't his fault we didn't land Patterson.

I'm on various boards for lots of topics - most have an "ignore" feature. I think there is one on here. If you do not want to read his posts find out how to do it and put Watzone's screen name in it. Or, you can do it manually and just skip over his posts.

I, for one, will not be doing that. I appreciate what he can give.

Quote Originally Posted by vango View Post
    Isn't his fault we didn't land Patterson.
    Again, nowhere has anyone argued such.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by dw0827 View Post
    As I said, I enjoy your posts when you express a point of view or articulate the facts.

But must you always mention your friggin' site . . . or your premium content . . . every single blessed time? We get it. You have a site with premium content. And you are using this forum to advertise, like

"I'll have quite the story on my premium tomorrow. It's X-rated stuff which means not apporpriate for free boards."

Oh please. Get off your high horse and see it for what it is.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I think the people to blame most here are those who get sucked into paying for the site. People place far too much significance on the trash that is recruiting rumors. Obviously recruiting is important and it's probably better to have Patterson than not, but the obssesion over the whole episode was pathetic. I guess people just need something to talk about in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Again, nowhere has anyone argued such.
    So, are you arguing or moderating with these two comments?

- I think It's about time to change the name of the thread to "Watzone's self-promotion forum."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kydevil
    Agreed, keep the information coming Watzone. Let's not take it out on Watzone because we didn't land PP.

- Considering that Watzone operates the same way all the time, you're making a pretty big leap there.

Then there is the petty play on my posting name ... waltzone ... ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    A little from column A, and a little from column B.

Which is irrelevant to the assertion that people are blaming you for Duke's not getting PP. No one has.

---Roger Ebert

Who’s gonna bury who
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I think the people to blame most here are those who get sucked into paying for the site. People place far too much significance on the trash that is recruiting rumors. Obviously recruiting is important and it's probably better to have Patterson than not, but the obssesion over the whole episode was pathetic. I guess people just need something to talk about in the offseason.
    Fair point, but the meat of my pay site is analyzing or scouting the prospects. Throw in some interviews, things like the first look at new players and facts on injuries, off season conditioning goals and you pretty much have it. As I have said before it's not for everybody, but my retention rate is at 80plus percent.

Yeah, you can see this as self promotion, but your analogy wasn't completely accurate, save the Patterson fiasco.

What I have a problem with is people who have never subscribed to Scout, Rivals, DB or my site, yet make comments on them. Not saying you are guilty of this.

You see, the Patterson recruitment was a public relations spin by his parents and it indeed took on a National Enquirer like atmosphere, but my site is about much more than rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    A little from column A, and a little from column B.

Which is irrelevant to the assertion that people are blaming you for Duke's not getting PP. No one has.

I don't recall where I said anyone blamed me for Pattersons decision. Oh, others did ... I sorta get it. Feel free to elaborate in a clearer manner on the problem. While you may certainly be right and most definately are free to make an opinion, I simply wonder if your first comment actually helped moderate anything. So, am I to assume that was arguing? I think we can agree on one thing. This thread has gotten way off topic is in need of a quick death. Enough Patterson.
    Last edited by watzone; 05-17-2007 at 08:17 PM.

OK, we didn't get PP. I think he will be a good player, but I am less and less thrilled about the role of his parents.
    However, it is time for all good Dukies to move on. I continue to believe that we will be OK next year. Coach K didn't become a Hall of Famer because he let the train run over him. I don't think that we will be a Final Four team, but I expect better results in both the ACC and the NCAAs than we had this past year.
    I also continue to support Watzone, although I am too cheap to pay for his site. I refuse to throw him under the bus because he didn't get PP exactly right. He still provides valuable info to us. Lets be happy for half a loaf.

We never were going to land Patrick Patterson. But, we should be better than last year. Especially, shooting. Are we still the favorite to land Greg Monroe?

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Absolutely 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post

- I think It's about time to change the name of the thread to "Watzone's self-promotion forum."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kydevil
    Agreed, keep the information coming Watzone. Let's not take it out on Watzone because we didn't land PP.

- Considering that Watzone operates the same way all the time, you're making a pretty big leap there.

Then there is the petty play on my posting name ... waltzone ... ouch!
    lol . . . sorry, that's a typo . . .

. . . .and this has nothing to do with PP.

I've been watching Duke play for over 40 years. Every year presents a new challenge. So we didn't get PP. So what. Duke will win games and lose games and, in the process, entertain us immensely. And the sun will rise tomorrow and life goes on.

13. Watzone wasn't the only one

Who got fooled by PP and family. Many of the recruiting experts and even coaches got fooled over by PP and company. Mark's site has info that you don't see anywhere else. He doesn't report on rumors but stuff he views as fact. While duke is his first love of course, he isn't going to put his rep and name on the line to get people to join his site. He like MANY other people belived we really had a shot at landing PP. The overall cost of the site is the cheapest around for accurate duke information. It is not nearly as costly as scout or rivals.

Can we end this thread now?

I swear thats not me! I have definately had enough PP talk for a century or two.

How can I block a complete thread? If we want to continue to talk about PP (which I do not want to do), may we please do it in a new thread? This one is ridiculous!

Well, the last time I closed a thread (leaving it intact for all to view), people complained about "censorship." But Indoor66 and Classof06 are certainly on to something.

But please be advised that there already IS a second, post-announcement PP thread.

That one lacks Watzone pimping his website, and lacks arguments about whether Watzone pimping his website is cool or not.* So in the remotely possible scenario that there's anything left to say about PP, do please give that thread a whirl.

* - thus far
    Last edited by throatybeard; 05-18-2007 at 02:32 PM.

---Roger Ebert

Who’s gonna bury who
    ---Over the Rhine

Thank you very much Watzone

Quote Originally Posted by Classof06 View Post
    I hope you keep posting valuable information, Watzone. I have no idea why people are up in arms, but I appreciate the news updates...

I agree. The content is great! Please don't stop posting. If people are upset w/Watzone, don't subscribe.

We're all very impressed with Watzone's finding several friends sporting low post counts, and/or hand-puppet screen names, to help him advertise.
    Last edited by throatybeard; 05-18-2007 at 05:16 PM.

---Roger Ebert

Who’s gonna bury who
    ---Over the Rhine

Mature discussion or flattering jealousy?

We're all very impressed with Watzone's finding several friends sporting low post counts to help him advertise.
    The lord gave us two ears and only one mouth for a reason...unfortunately the eyes and hands aren't in the same ratio, confusing some people who can type about how often they should post and how often they should read.