Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this..com

This site is as good as Watzone's coverage . Devils Den has pissed off the Duke Coaching staff on many occasions

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Any news on the in-home visit?
    That's a great user name BTW.

Agreed

Agreed Duke79UNLV77 is an awesome name.

In regard to Paterson and how we are all looking for updates every hour to see if there is any latest news. I hope this isn't going to be like when you're crazy for someone and you wait and wait hoping to at least get a date. Then you end up being boyfriend and girlfriend only to realize this person wasn't all you thought they'd be. We've all been waiting for this guy to decide like we're waiting to get asked to the freakin' prom. If he slips us some roofies and takes advantage of all this anticipation some of us are going to be ill.

I can give you a little, if you do not mind it coming from a UK fan. I will not quote anything and will paraphrase.

The visit went well (of course). Most of the coaches were there. They had dinner, watched Boozer play, and talked about many things, some basketball, some about family. K did most of the talking. They also went over many of the things they had already talked about. In addition, Duke cleared up some things regarding transfers and PP covered the Lucas/PP combo issue. PP said that he and Lucas were good friends, but playing together may or may not happen. Dawkins spoke to PP how he should be his own man.

Of course we all know by now PP would be a heck of a poker player, so go figure after that..
    But..
    UK visited earlier in the day.

The rumor I am getting (and it is just that) is that it is now a UK/Duke race. Lucas got the same type treatment PP did from UK and very much enjoyed it. John was very impressed with the presentation. FL followed up, but Lucas is talking of how late FL was getting into the race now. The general thought is, if they play together, it's at UK.

Now watch them both sign with FL..

Hope this helps..

Quote Originally Posted by Latta6970 View Post
    Agreed Duke79UNLV77 is an awesome name.

In regard to Paterson and how we are all looking for updates every hour to see if there is any latest news. I hope this isn't going to be like when you're crazy for someone and you wait and wait hoping to at least get a date. Then you end up being boyfriend and girlfriend only to realize this person wasn't all you thought they'd be. We've all been waiting for this guy to decide like we're waiting to get asked to the freakin' prom. If he slips us some roofies and takes advantage of all this anticipation some of us are going to be ill.
    Lat:
    I know exactly what you mean. He seems to have taken on a "superman" persona. I truly hope fans of whatever school he decides on has an open mind and allows him to be a freshman. BUT, he has created this with the delays. I have been defending him from restless UK fans (imagine that??) until one of his latest interviews where he says that he is enjoying the attention. He's going to be a very good college player, but I ask all fans to reserve judgement if you are trying to put him in an 'Oden' class of player.

Are you a member of my site, Heyman?

I heard

That our visit went better, because Mrs. Patterson made oatmeal-raisin cookies, and Gillespie hates raisins and didn't eat them.
    The Duke coaches don't like raisins, either, but they ate the cookies, showing their dedication. I think PP is coming to Duke.
    At least that's what I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    That our visit went better, because Mrs. Patterson made oatmeal-raisin cookies, and Gillespie hates raisins and didn't eat them.
    The Duke coaches don't like raisins, either, but they ate the cookies, showing their dedication. I think PP is coming to Duke.
    At least that's what I heard.
    Well, you heard wrong. Seems UK coaches LOVED the cookies and ate them all up before Duke coaches got there. Only thing left was girl scout cookies..

Come on guys, I'm just shooting as straight as I can. You had a good visit and your fans want to know.

Anyone heard anything on K 'crying' during the visit? Other boards are going nuts over it, but I think it's exaggerated. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post
    Anyone heard anything on K 'crying' during the visit? Other boards are going nuts over it, but I think it's exaggerated. Thoughts?
    Pretty much, I don't believe anything anyone says when it comes to recruiting.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by VaDukie View Post

The PP quote was, K, "shed a tear" when speaking of K's mother. I left some things out, for respect to you guys. I would call it a non issue anyway.

Is this conversation actually happening? Crying over our mothers and eating friggin' cookies? For my part, I think that a lot of people need to get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Is this conversation actually happening? Crying over our mothers and eating friggin' cookies? For my part, I think that a lot of people need to get a life.
    we really need to work on our picking up on sarcasm here. the cookies thing was just a joke referring to the thousands of rumors that circulate. the 'tears' thing appears to actually have some truth in there somewhere. To what extent no one is really sure...except for watzone probably (hint hint

I know, i know, you have to save stuff for the premium members...

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    we really need to work on our picking up on sarcasm here. the cookies thing was just a joke referring to the thousands of rumors that circulate. the 'tears' thing appears to actually have some truth in there somewhere. To what extent no one is really sure...except for watzone probably (hint hint

I know, i know, you have to save stuff for the premium members...
    Yeah, upon a second reading, I indeed picked up the sarcasm. My bad (although if I've learned one thing in the past few years, it's that the internet has no sarcasm button). I nevertheless stand by my assertion that people need to chill just a bit...it will all be over soon enough.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Yeah, upon a second reading, I indeed picked up the sarcasm. My bad (although if I've learned one thing in the past few years, it's that the internet has no sarcasm button). I nevertheless stand by my assertion that people need to chill just a bit...it will all be over soon enough.
    Yet another example of how difficult it is to pull off sarcasm on a bulletin board. My recommendation is to avoid it altogether, although I understand the temptation to make oneself look clever. If you must be sarcastic in your posting, I recommend being blatantly obvious (like putting "SARCASM ALERT" in the post). In the past, unrecognized sarcasm has led to ugly flaming posts and bitterness amongst regular posters. Please be cautious in its use.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

I hope PP (and any other recruits) see this link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2858885

3 of the top 4 vote-getters says a lot about how Coach K develops young people. by the way, all of these guys can also play pretty darn well.

Presumably PP is in the process of deciding where to go. The timing of this is just wonderful.

Everyone always said those AMEX commercials where coach k says something to the effect of "he doesnt train players, he trains young men" were really cheesy and wouldn't get off his case. I think this helps substantiate that to those critics (we all already knew this) and shows what a class act he is, and what kind of mentor he is.

I don't know hardly anything about Gillespie, but Donovan comes from the Rick "throw the players under the bus" Pitino school, and hopefully patrick factors that in.

Isn't it a bit unusual for him to keep stringing people along like this? I'm starting to get annoyed. Is there an attitude problem?

The sarcasm button is the winking smiley face.

I think
    The Gordog