View Poll Results: What is your favorite color/flavor of stockings on women's legs?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

10 55.56%
  • White

3 16.67%
  • Cream

0 0%
  • Red

0 0%
  • Nude or Beige

1 5.56%
  • Fishnet

4 22.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Men - What is your favorite color of women's stockings?

I wish women would embrace stociings, nylons more. This is inspired by the front page of AJC.com, so please don't moderate!

-EJ

Once you try wearing nylons and a pair of high heels, let's talk again.

Give me my bare feet or my hiking boots. Nylon stockings and heels annoy me (...and if I wouldn't get censored I'd be more graphic).

And yes, nylons and stilettos are lovely, but....WHO CARES, unless you're 20-30 looking for a 60-80 year old, who's rich and about to die.

Quote Originally Posted by dukemomLA View Post
    Once you try wearing nylons and a pair of high heels, let's talk again.

Give me my bare feet or my hiking boots. Nylon stockings and heels annoy me (...and if I wouldn't get censored I'd be more graphic).

And yes, nylons and stilettos are lovely, but....WHO CARES, unless you're 20-30 looking for a 60-80 year old, who's rich and about to die.
    Amen, sistah!

I challenge the guys on this board to wear nylons (don't really want to know about those who already do) for a week and get back to us. They were invented by Satan.

Wear nylons in Florida in the summer...now there is a fun time ever guy should try!! Since my office is business casual I haven't put on nylons in months and months...I wouldn't be disappointed if I never put on another pair.
    Windsor (aka Loni)

a wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age

If men had to wear nylons and skirts to work instead of socks and wool blend trousers, maybe they wouldn't insist on keeping the office air conditioning so cool.

It's freezing in my office!

It all depends on how well the particular color matches the dress I'm wearing . . . Oh, that's not what yu meant . . .TMI . . . sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    If men had to wear nylons and skirts to work instead of socks and wool blend trousers, maybe they wouldn't insist on keeping the office air conditioning so cool.

It's freezing in my office!
    Amen to that!
    Windsor (aka Loni)

a wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age

Quote Originally Posted by shereec View Post
    Amen, sistah!
    Can I get a hell yeah!

Seriously, an evil man invented pantyhose so that he could laugh at women's suffering. I'm convinced.

Guys, I'm with the rest of the ladies... try wearing them yourself for a day. Just 1 day. See if you don't change your mind.

I've had to wear them for a play before. I didn't think they were THAT bad.

My wife likes them, except for trying to find a pair without runs, which she's started making me do for her. She wears pantyhose, though, not nylons. She likes the slimming effect. She also likes that they keep her legs a little warmer when she wears a skirt or dress. She doesn't wear them in the summer though, only late fall through early spring. And she likes that if she can't shave her legs for a few days, they can kind of cover that up for her.

I must say that I'm a little disappointed with this topic. I was hoping we'd finally start to delve deeper into EJ's neuroses.

Cream colored stockings? Whoa, those went out in 1985.

<psst>
    Hey EJ,... "Fishnet" is not a color... just saying...
    </psst>

(No really, i've seen white, black, nude, and red fishnet stockings...)

I used to have to wear hose on a daily basis, that sucked. But, primarily b/c I hated having to take care of them. Now, if I wear them, I essentially treat a pair as disposable. I like the way they make my legs look slimmer, and prefer black.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    <psst>
    Hey EJ,... "Fishnet" is not a color... just saying...
    </psst>

(No really, i've seen white, black, nude, and red fishnet stockings...)

I used to have to wear hose on a daily basis, that sucked. But, primarily b/c I hated having to take care of them. Now, if I wear them, I essentially treat a pair as disposable. I like the way they make my legs look slimmer, and prefer black.
    Well, I just threw "fishnet" in there as an option. Personally, I like fishnet but I much more prefer the sheer, high-quality hose/nylons on women. Sheer is where it's at.

Whew. It's kind of hot in here.

-EJ

I'm less concerned by the stockings than I am with the person whose legs are in the stockings.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I'm less concerned by the stockings than I am with the person whose legs are in the stockings.
    "She's got legs, she knows how to use them..."

You know, I've asked my wife about her preference, and obviously her preference is none. How could something be so unsatisfactory for one sex, yet so favored by another?

I think I'm one of the rare women - I don't mind pantyhose. It just annoys me that they run so easily. (I'm also a fan of high-heeled shoes - not total stilts but 2-3 inch heels.)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I think I'm one of the rare women - I don't mind pantyhose. It just annoys me that they run so easily. (I'm also a fan of high-heeled shoes - not total stilts but 2-3 inch heels.)
    Thank you for speaking up, as I feel the same way about both pantyhose and heels. Being only 5', I need all the help I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Thank you for speaking up, as I feel the same way about both pantyhose and heels. Being only 5', I need all the help I can get.
    You won't like me then - heels put me a foot taller than you in no shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    You won't like me then - heels put me a foot taller than you in no shoes.
    Eh, well, them's the breaks. I'm used to being short, have been my whole life.