Thread: banking jobs

banking jobs

Does anyone have any opinion or info on working at Barclays? Are they "stable" in this environment? Better positioned than some other financial institutions? I know someone who is potentially looking to switch jobs within the field (from a fairly solid hedge fund) and would appreiciate any insight.

Thanks as always!

I think Barclays is one of the more stable institutions right now. At least, my friend who worked at Lehman's got picked up by Barclays and seems to think so. He was a trader in Equity Financing / Dividend Arbitrage at Lehman's and now works for Barclays Capital, the i-banking division of Barclays plc.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by dbb03 View Post
    Does anyone have any opinion or info on working at Barclays? Are they "stable" in this environment? Better positioned than some other financial institutions? I know someone who is potentially looking to switch jobs within the field (from a fairly solid hedge fund) and would appreiciate any insight.

Thanks as always!
    I don't know much about them but they have been around forever (founded in 1690) and they are the third largest bank in the UK so I think they must be pretty solid. They are also, IIRC, ranked in the 30 largest companies in the world. Size like that usually indicates some degree of stability.