Talking Stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    "Uh.. is that true?"
    Do you remember when you were in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Do you remember when you were in Japan?
    "I'm sorry, I don't speak Japanese."

Oh wow ... you mean BillyBreen is in Tuva learning throat-singing?

Wow. Just wow!
    I had to look that up...

7. If you value it, take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    7. If you value it, take care of it.
    You keep doing variations of the Pottery Barn rules.

Say it, don't spray it...

nope

You keep doing variations of the Pottery Barn rules.

Go back and read my 1st post in this "series" when I said these were the Golden Rules of Living (with no author that I wrote down or can remember at this time) that I copied and put on our 'fridge and gave to each of our children when they were about 10 years old (or some time in that age range).

The next one is actually my favorite (not that they followed it many times)...

rules

8. If you make a mess, clean it up.

If cornered, never admit to being a PostWhore. Do you frequent some boards and post a lot? Yes, but that doesn't make you a postwhore...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    8. If you make a mess, clean it up.
    And for each one of these, I keep seeing Colin Powell cautioning about the 2003 plans to invade and to occupy Iraq. Wiki explains the Pottery Barn rules (which don't actually occur at the Pottery Barn). I like the Colbert interpretation of the rule.

I guess Thomas Friedman may be working with a quote source similar to the one you have used.

Please don't bump this to the PPB.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    If cornered, never admit to being a PostWhore. Do you frequent some boards and post a lot? Yes, but that doesn't make you a postwhore...
    Fortunately, we haven't been cornered.

YET!!!

Take a chance and step out of your comfort zone - you will be rewarded. (Found this out today. I was a song leader during church today which meant singing by myself with a mike . I found out that people really appreciated the leadership.)

rules

9. If you move it, put it back.

My 3 general rules I keep telling my kids:

Do what's right. Do your best. Treat people the way you want them to treat you.

Also, when walking around the neighborhood I always wave at whomever passes by....

The man who says it can't be done is usually interrupted by someone doing it.

(Wow, I finally made a name!)

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Also, when walking around the neighborhood I always wave at whomever passes by....
    I also do that, including when I'm driving around the neighborhood or standing in my driveway/front yard. Several people per day look a me like I'm completely insane...seriously. It's really kind of sad.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I also do that, including when I'm driving around the neighborhood or standing in my driveway/front yard. Several people per day look a me like I'm completely insane...seriously. It's really kind of sad.
    And that is what keeps me doing it. I keep hoping that they will start waving first.

rules

10. If it belongs to someone else, get permission to use it.

rules

11. If you don't know how to operate it, leave it alone. (I'll add a corollary to this: or learn how it works before attempting to use it)

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I keep looking at this thread and enjoying it, but haven't added anything yet. Here's my 2 cents and basically what I live by.

"In 5 years it won't matter"

Meaning that as bad as anything seems the moment you are experiencing it, it will not affect your life in 5 years. There is one caveat to this..if you are standing before a judge and he hands you a 6 year or longer sentence.
    But I don't plan on being in jail at any given point in 5 years, so whatever I'm feeling right now that totally bums me out will be long forgotten and won't matter, and I will be focused on something new, whether good or bad. Either way, I'm still keeping on and living life. And as far as I'm concerned, that's all I'm here for, is the experience. It might be bad, it might be good, and if done right it's shared, and a little of it is left behind when your finished with it.