Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Vegas says Duke 14 pt underdog vs. GT

Sounds good to me. I don't think they've gotten any of our point spreads correct. It would be nice to come out Saturday with the odds makers totally blowing it. I'd always rather be the underdog than the favorite. Less pressure, and more fun when they are wrong.

Vegas also said that housing prices would always go up -- how'd that work out for them?

Let the bees buzz confidently -- Duke's gonna win in a slugfest.

LOVE being a 14 point underdog in Atlanta. Just more ammunition and incentive for our guys. Should be a good game. And our Dukies have a chance to break the bank. GO DUKE!! And FB players checking out this website, please know that we're all rooting for you all to play your best, and wanting/expecting you to wreak havoc on the ramblin' wreck -- and hell to their engineers.

Some random thoughts... while Paul Johnson designed the Navy offense, which he instituted at GT, this IS GT's first year (first few games, actually) using that system. With Duke's stellar defense so far, a few disruptions of GT's offense, and GT may just crumble. Even with better athletes at GT than Navy, the equalizer, again, is this is GT's first year with this offense. Finally, I think Coach Cut and his staff can more than adequately handle GT and definitely make adjustments at half-time GO DUKE!!!!

We're 14 point dogs? Good. The bigger the spread, the bigger the upset, the bigger the buzz about what Cut's doing at Duke, the richer the recruiting rewards.

Yeah, yeah, it's a run-on pseudosentence. I learned to write like that in UWC class.

I'm not going to count any chickens before the eggs hatch, but if Duke manages to beat GT on the road, then I think we might have a POTENTIAL bowl caliber team in Durham. Of course, if they lose handily then we can all come back down to earth and still be excited that we have already practically met expectations for the season. Win-Win if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Sounds good to me. I don't think they've gotten any of our point spreads correct. It would be nice to come out Saturday with the odds makers totally blowing it. I'd always rather be the underdog than the favorite. Less pressure, and more fun when they are wrong.
    Honestly, I could care less about what Vegas says will happen this weekend.

Why do we really care what they think? If predictions decided the games, sports would be no fun to watch

Vegas don't know about Coach Cutcliffe's method for dealing with pesky yellow jackets

Not that it matters, but I am fairly sure we are 4-0 versus the spread this year. Some say we are 3-0 because many gambling places did not make book on the James Madison game but it is safe to say that we were not favored by anything close to 24 points against what many considered the best team in the Football Championship Subdivision (they are ranked #1 in the FCS poll this week and have gone 4-0 since losing to Duke).

--Jason "of course, losing 24-13 to Tech would be a 'win' ATS, but no one wants that result!" Evans

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Two really good coaches going at it this Saturday. GT does have more talent at this point, while Duke has more experience. Slight edge to GT there. I like what both teams are doing with their schemes, it should be an interesting matchup. GT can be thrown on and Duke can be run on. I think the difference in the game will be GT's ball control and their defensive line (multiple NFL players). GT should be able to stop Duke just enough to win a pretty high scoring affair.

The over/under is 45.5. I'll take the over as I think this will be a high scoring game.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The over/under is 45.5. I'll take the over as I think this will be a high scoring game.
    I"m not a gambler, but I agree Bob. This one could easily produce 60 points or more.

over/under

I"m not a gambler, but I agree Bob. This one could easily produce 60 points or more.
    Yea, but how many will GT score?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yea, but how many will GT score?
    Final score: Duke 35 - GT 34.
    Bob Green

I'm getting way excited for this game. I read that they've sold 42,000 tickets, and been reading up on each other team's preparations and expectations. Playing against the option coached by the guy who runs it better than anyone, should be very interesting. One article quoted Johnson as saying he doesn't see any team with more than 2 losses playing for the championship, and those that play VT have it tougher because VT will most likely take the tie break. You know Tech views this game as one that will break their season if they lose. Duke has less pressure in my mind, because the team is just having a hell of a lot of fun exceeding expectations. I'll be there in the stands, first time for me in Bobby Dodd. I think I'll be more stressed than the Devils on the field will be. GO DUKE!!! WRECK TECH!!

I'd always rather be the underdog than the favorite.
    So you've enjoyed the last decade + of Duke Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    So you've enjoyed the last decade + of Duke Football?
    Yup, been to every home game I could physically make it to. It's a blast to win when you aren't supposed to.

I have made a bet with a well-know former Ga Tech athlete who is a friend of mine on this game. I am only getting 11 points.

Lunch and a day of wearing the other guy's jersey are on the line.

--Jason "please win Duke!!" Evans

Looks like we have a good shot at beating the spread...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Looks like we have a good shot at beating the spread...
    Uhh, less likely now as it's 10-0.