Is this what the alumni band is like?

So much for the stereotype of bandies, I guess Michele's stories about band camp in "American Pie" were not so far off the mark:

The University of Wisconsin marching band has been suspended indefinitely while allegations of hazing, alcohol abuse and sexual misconduct are investigated.

The band won't play Saturday during a nationally televised football game between the No. 18 Badgers and No. 14 Ohio State ...

Friday night, saying the behavior is consistent with conduct that put the band on probation in 2006. ...

No details were immediately released about the behavior, only that it involved inappropriate alcohol use, hazing and sexualized behavior. ...

In February 2007 the marching band's assistant director Michael Lorenz resigned after an internal report criticized his treatment of a female colleague during a rowdy band trip to Michigan in 2006.

Reports of band members' hazing, alcohol use and inappropriate sexual behavior prompted the university to put the band on probation after the trip. ..

Wiley, in an October 2006 letter to Leckrone, called band members' behavior "boorish to patently dangerous and unlawful."

At that time, seminude band members were alleged to have danced suggestively and there were reports of women being forced to kiss other women to be allowed to enter bathrooms on a bus.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=466631

Talk about changing the paradigm for bandies AND Wisconsin.

John Winger: C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin.
    Russell Ziskey: Well I got the sh*t kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    So much for the stereotype of bandies, I guess Michele's stories about band camp in "American Pie" were not so far off the mark:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=466631

Talk about changing the paradigm for bandies AND Wisconsin.
    Is anyone really surprised? This is what college is like period these days (and probably in the "old days" too, honestly). And its what just about any large group is like (Frats, sororities, sports, and bands). Everybody likes to party, and groups that get in freshman every year like to haze. I'd bet that about half the bands in the country would be facing similar problems, they just haven't gotten caught yet.

Signed,
    College Band Member