Now that Matt Millen is OUT...

Can we fire the Fords next?

And, I expect this thread to sink the the bottom of the lake, just like the Detroit Lions.....

Can I interest you in a new president? This individual had great success in the USFL and has been president of an NFL franchise for the past 20 years. The NFL franchise has been to the Super Bowl. He's a good candidate for your franchise. Please consider Carl Peterson - we'd love to get him out of town!

I just assumed that Millen had pictures of the Ford family in compromising situations; hard to explain his longevity otherwise.

Actually, I followed Matt's career at Penn State and in the pros, and thought he was a terrific TV game analyst. Maybe he'll do that again.

Detroit is a good sports town; they deserve at least a competitive team.

Bless you, my friends. A kind word to a suffering fan will earn you a few minutes less in purgatory.

I say we rehire Mooch as GM.

And, DukieinKS, I thought we were pals!

Any of you guys from Detroit? I grew up there as a long-suffering Lions fan. At least until I gave up.

Millen was a complete doofus. But, the larger problem is William Clay Ford. Worst owner I can think of. Bad decision after bad decision. Maybe he'll let the son take over, and maybe the son will be better? Certainly his quotes that preceded Millen's ouster give some hope...

Any receivers high on the draft board in 2009?

Raised in the B'ham. Proud grad of Earnest W. Seaholm High School. The Mighty Maples.
    What, what?!

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Raised in the B'ham. Proud grad of Earnest W. Seaholm High School. The Mighty Maples.
    What, what?!
    No kidding. What year?

(Me? Troy Athens 1989.)

Can we fire the Fords next?

And, I expect this thread to sink the the bottom of the lake, just like the Detroit Lions.....
    Yay for Millen getting the boot! Boo for the Fords still being there.

Oh, and Detroit Country Day School '00
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    Any of you guys from Detroit?
    Believe it or not, me.

LONG SUFFERING Lions fan. At least the Tigers won in '68, '84, and came close in recent years ('06?). Red Wings and Pistons have had success.

Was a great Rock & Roll town too. I remember growing up with 4 AOR stations going - WRIF, WABX, WWWW, and the then new kid in town, WLLZ. I moved away and subsequently have learned that almost none have survived. Sad.

I remember the hope that was with Billy Sims, Gary Danielson, and Eric hip-hip-Hipple. Barry Sanders and what, one playoff win since '57?

I always liked Millen as a player but it would not have taken me this long to conclude he wasn't cut out to be a GM. I'm not sure the Fords are cut out to be owners either, but apparently competency is not a qualification. Would that Mike Illich bought them out.

Bless you, my friends. A kind word to a suffering fan will earn you a few minutes less in purgatory.

I say we rehire Mooch as GM.

And, DukieinKS, I thought we were pals!
    That's why I thought you might do me a favor and take him off our hands. Actually, I guess I don't really care about the chefs anymore. I gave up the family season tickets this year - we had them for 29 seasons. ( I'm a lot older than I think I am.)

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    Yay for Millen getting the boot! Boo for the Fords still being there. Oh, and Detroit Country Day School '00
    DCD?! Represent Lahser Rd.

I'm way too old to to give my hs graduation year but it's nice to know some Detroiters are on board.I hope Lidstrom is back and skating smoothly soon. Anybody care for a B2B Stanley Cup?