Six Feet Under - The Final Episode

Has to be the one of the finest final episodes in final episodes history. I'm getting ready to watch it again, for the umpteenth time. Part of me wants this show back, the other part of me is very appreciative that it ended when it did.

Not to hijack the Dexter thread --

I actually just finished Season 5 last Thursday - watched the last three episodes back to back. I loved loved loved the way they wrapped up the series. Not only that you got a glimpse into the life of each character in the scene where they die, but that the death of each (brief scene, name & years) is in keeping with the overall theme of the show. I also love that Claire lived to be 102.

As far as best series finale ever, that may need its own thread. I appreciated the Sopranos ending, but the one for M*A*S*H was groundbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Not to hijack the Dexter thread --

I actually just finished Season 5 last Thursday - watched the last three episodes back to back. I loved loved loved the way they wrapped up the series. Not only that you got a glimpse into the life of each character in the scene where they die, but that the death of each (brief scene, name & years) is in keeping with the overall theme of the show. I also love that Claire lived to be 102.

As far as best series finale ever, that may need its own thread. I appreciated the Sopranos ending, but the one for M*A*S*H was groundbreaking.
    You are my hero. I don't know about you but I wept like a small child during this final episode.

I vaguely remember M*A*S*H, I was a bit young but I'm thinking I should go back and get the entire series on DVD, especially if you say it's groundbreaking.