Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    F Danny Green

If you know what I'm saying....

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    F Danny Green
    Yes, he plays the forward position for UNC, though officially he is listed as F/G

I can't bellieve people would want him on the squad!!! Hansborough, yes...Ellington, yes...Danny Green, F No!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    I threw up three times reading this series of posts. Hansbrough?! Good God, people.

1) I agree without question that he's the most offensively productive big man in the ACC and that he brings the effort all game, every game. Even his defensive liabilities would be minimized by Duke's ball-pressure defense. He would make Duke a better team.

2) On the other hand, he does travel, camp the lane, flop, whine, and annoy at a very basic level, and that's not just because he's a 'hole.

The best case scenario if he was a Dukie: I'd appreciate the productivity on the court while being vaguely embarrassed that I had to claim him as one of my own. Sort of like if Rasheed Wallace, Vince Carter, or Jeff McInnis had worn the better shade of blue. Leave him to the Tar Heels - he belongs there.

As for my thoughts on the poll - I'll take the Duke team as it is, no changes - I think we've got the makings of a championship team right now.

I dont think ANYBODY would be vaguely embarrassed to have him on their team.. Just think if Laettner had played for the holes...

Quote Originally Posted by cbfx3 View Post
    I dont think ANYBODY would be vaguely embarrassed to have him on their team.. Just think if Laettner had played for the holes...
    I would have hated him.

But I stand by my statement - every time some Duke hater in my office brought up I'm a real wanker for saying thisI'm a real wanker for saying thisI'm a real wanker for saying thisI'm a real wanker for saying thisie Hanstravel, I would try to defend him, but I would know deep down inside that the guy had a point about his whining, flopping, travelling, weak defense, and all around emesis-inducing aura. You know it's the truth.

end the hatin'...

Hansbrough.

He's exactly the kind of player you love on your team and hate on anyone else's team, ala Laettner, Hurley, Jones, etc...

Having him on the squad this year would make us the team to beat for the NC, IMHO.

s.i.

thank you dave

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    I threw up three times reading this series of posts. Hansbrough?! Good God, people.

1) I agree without question that he's the most offensively productive big man in the ACC and that he brings the effort all game, every game. Even his defensive liabilities would be minimized by Duke's ball-pressure defense. He would make Duke a better team.

2) On the other hand, he does travel, camp the lane, flop, whine, and annoy at a very basic level, and that's not just because he's a 'hole.

The best case scenario if he was a Dukie: I'd appreciate the productivity on the court while being vaguely embarrassed that I had to claim him as one of my own. Sort of like if Rasheed Wallace, Vince Carter, or Jeff McInnis had worn the better shade of blue. Leave him to the Tar Heels - he belongs there.

As for my thoughts on the poll - I'll take the Duke team as it is, no changes - I think we've got the makings of a championship team right now.
    Wow Dave you really said it. I completely agree with everything you said. And I'll add some points of my own.

1) His defense is poop. Duke doesn't do zone and Hansbro doesn't have the ability to handle the crap calls Duke big men get. He'd freak out at some point and get T'd. Gives Psycho T a whole new meaning.

2) On offense, he constantly gets away with travelling, taking holiday weekend trips to the lane and whining. Dave said it well. I don't want to be associated with his bug-eyed whiney-ness.

3) He is an offensive black hole. Sure he scores alot. But how many of those points are at the expense of his teammates. When the ball goes in to him, it does not come back out again unless someone else on his team gets the rebound. Duke basketball is about teamwork and chemistry. Let's just say he would not fit in with this team. Even if Greg and Jon were as open as the grand canyon, Hansbro would chuck up an ill-advised shot with all five defenders in his face.

4) He is a jerk. I wish I could find the thread we had on TDD about him. For anyone who knows what I'm talking about a link would be helpful. "Don't you know who I am?"

5) He jumps into pools with his socks on. Enough said.

"Here's another thought game to get us through these long months..."

Gee, if only there were another Duke team playing another sport to help us get through these long months.

I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    "Here's another thought game to get us through these long months..."

Gee, if only there were another Duke team playing another sport to help us get through these long months.

I'm just saying.

Yeah, seriously (I can only assume you're thinking of cross-country, which has its biggest meet of the year thus far tomorrow).

sports

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Yeah, seriously (I can only assume you're thinking of cross-country, which has its biggest meet of the year thus far tomorrow).
    I thought he was referring to the field hockey team.

You know, I was thinking about this. I'm as guilty as the rest for playing this game... If I were a Duke player reading this, I'd probably be a little pissed. We're not showing them much support by "daydreaming" about what it would be like if we had this guy or that guy on the squad. Maybe we should get back to talking about our real team. They're a damn good bunch!

I love our team as it is. Wayne Ellington...bring him over. But aside from that, keep everyone else where they are. Forget it, we don't need them, we don't want them.

Our Devils are awesome -- there is no compare. If everyone has worked hard during the off-season, we will be at the top of the heap.

Keep all those other guys away from Cameron. We are the luckiest fans on the planet!!!!!

I'm assuming that a lot of Hanstravel's flaws WRT defense and passing are the result of coaching choices & philosophy. I think any real lack of help D or unselfish O would disappear in about 5 seconds under coach K.

No One

I don't want anyone that has ever enrolled at unc. Green, hansblah or anyone that has worn that ugly blue. Matter of fact, lets just stick with our current team. Go Duke!