Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What is TOD?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    What is TOD?
    Transit-oriented development.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Transit-oriented development.
    FYI - I'm down with TOD, ASAP!

-EJ

Something seems to have eased. I got gas today at a Kroger near my house (at the corner of Long Island and Roswell just at the edge of Sandy Springs) for 3.99/gallon and there was hardly any line at all. The pumps were all occupied but you only had to wait for one person to pull out and then you could fill up. The fact that there was not a huge line tells me there must be other stations nearby also selling gas.

Perhaps we are through this now.

--Jason "$3.99 seems cheap-- how times change" Evans

Has anyone seen this map on cnn.com. Interesting "updates" on gas in the Southeast. There are some problems here in the Charlotte area; not as bad as Atlanta, but it is hit and miss.

http://www.ireport.com/map?topicId=3...SortBy=alltime

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post

God bless the Cliff bus, right Lav?
    Im a student at emory and youre right Wilson. The QT around here is the cheapest ive seen at $4.00

For comparisons sake, I got gas today in Raleigh for $3.89. Regular. No line, no waiting.

No ticky, no gassy

Here in Asheville, we've got very little gas. The truckers have cars following them into the stations and then it's a mad rush. Usually they run out in a couple of hours. There's no gas in my little town. Took my wife waiting 45 minutes in line just off the interstate to get to the station...There's stories of people beating each other up, knifing each other. And they say it'll probably be another week or so before the supply is back up to normal. What special times we live in...

Here in Winston-Salem I found one station at the intersection of Robinhood and Polo Rds. selling regular gas. All others passed on the way in from near Reagan High had bags over the nozzles or signs posted. If gas was available it was premium only. In the two hours since I first went out on a short errand and later when I took my mom's car to fill it up, more stations have no one pumping gas, bags over the nozzles or signs posted. According to news reports (I use that term loosely), deliveries expected by the end of the week may ease the shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Here in Winston-Salem I found one station at the intersection of Robinhood and Polo Rds. selling regular gas. All others passed on the way in from near Reagan High had bags over the nozzles or signs posted.
    Wait, W-S has a Reagan High? As in Ronald Reagan?

In case anyone cares, there's plenty of gas in Idaho. I filled up in Boise on Monday for $3.65. So try there.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Wait, W-S has a Reagan High? As in Ronald Reagan?

In case anyone cares, there's plenty of gas in Idaho. I filled up in Boise on Monday for $3.65. So try there.
    Yes, as in Ronald Reagan

Here in Winston-Salem I found one station at the intersection of Robinhood and Polo Rds. selling regular gas. All others passed on the way in from near Reagan High had bags over the nozzles or signs posted. If gas was available it was premium only. In the two hours since I first went out on a short errand and later when I took my mom's car to fill it up, more stations have no one pumping gas, bags over the nozzles or signs posted. According to news reports (I use that term loosely), deliveries expected by the end of the week may ease the shortage.
    Wait a sec, is this thing spreading? We've had no shortages that I've noticed in Durham and people at work (from all over the Triangle) stopped talking about possible gas shortages a week ago. We're planning a trip up thru W-S and into SW VA this weekend. I'm not going to get stuck up there am I?

Actually, it looks like the entire trip will end up being between 400 & 500 miles which means if we don't do a bunch of extra touring around we can do it on one tank.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I filled up in Boise on Monday for $3.65. So try there.
    Hard to imagine that Las Vegas (anagram: "Gas Slave") has cheaper fuel at this point. $3.51 for regular, $3.71 premium. And going down.

But then, Nevada is a political swing state.

Quote Originally Posted by merry View Post
    Wait a sec, is this thing spreading? We've had no shortages that I've noticed in Durham and people at work (from all over the Triangle) stopped talking about possible gas shortages a week ago. We're planning a trip up thru W-S and into SW VA this weekend. I'm not going to get stuck up there am I?

Actually, it looks like the entire trip will end up being between 400 & 500 miles which means if we don't do a bunch of extra touring around we can do it on one tank.
    I observed the shortage of regular and mid octane gas on the northwest side of WS. I didn't ride around checking the situation out in different parts of town. The situation may be much better by Friday.

More gas headed to the mountains

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/100/story/212092.html

"The supply situation in Charlotte is worse than most of the state, but it's not as severe as in the mountains,” said Alan Hirsch, policy director for Gov. Mike Easley. “We have multi-hour-long lines in Asheville.” But major oil companies today pledged to deliver more to North Carolina with some of it directed to six mountain counties suffering severe shortages – Buncombe, Haywood, Henderson, Polk, Rutherford and Transylvania, Hirsch said.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    But then, Nevada is a political swing state.
    That doesn't explain the ~$3.55 we're paying in Southern California right now.

Hmm, hope all the gas issues cleared up. No problem getting gas here up in Mass.

I observed the shortage of regular and mid octane gas on the northwest side of WS. I didn't ride around checking the situation out in different parts of town. The situation may be much better by Friday.
    OK I filled up last night and we're heading out this morning. If things look grim up in the Triad, Mt Airy and SW Virginia we can punt on the last day of our trip and come home Monday instead of Tuesday. I'm pretty sure the Prius can make the whole trip on one tank if we don't get lost or do a lot of touring around to look at scenery...gotta stick to the walking and biking.

For the first time in very long time, the gas in Maryland is cheaper than in the Triangle. It's 3.55 here, at home it's 3.83.

After several trips to SC over the past two weeks, I can report that gas is being tankered there from VA. A steady stream of tanker trucks in both directions I have witnessed, full down, empty back.