Thread: Jeremy Tyler

Jeremy Tyler

http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool...t&lid=tab6pos2

Is there a reason that we are not targeting this guy? Just curious?

"I've heard from every school in the country except for Duke," Roy said, offering a go-figure shrug. "They're the only school that has not contacted me. Everyone else … well, you should see all the mail that comes in, all the phone calls I get. There is so much attention on him right now, it's unbelievable."

Beats Me

I read the article and I'm not sure Tyler really is interested in Duke other than perhaps to be able to say he was offered by everyone. Rivals lists five schools UCLA, USC, Arizona, Louisville & Michigan State of interest. And to be blunt none of those five are exactly Ivy league if you catch my drift. I'm sure Watzone or Sumner can give more detail. Sounds like a good guy and a great player. But odds are the Duke staff already knows of him and has other plans for whatever reason.

For what it's worth three of the remaining five players in the top 10 list Duke; Smith, Barnes & Knight. All of which are rated higher than Tyler.
    Last edited by Uncle Drew; 09-23-2008 at 09:11 AM.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by I_am_a_Blue_Devil View Post

"I've heard from every school in the country except for Duke," Roy said, offering a go-figure shrug. "They're the only school that has not contacted me. Everyone else … well, you should see all the mail that comes in, all the phone calls I get. There is so much attention on him right now, it's unbelievable."
    Dunno, but he sounds like a one and doner, so I'm not sure we'd have interest.

Quote Originally Posted by I_am_a_Blue_Devil View Post

Well, if we sign the guys that we have offered (more specifically Kelly and Smith) then there won't be much need or room for another forward. If we sign both Kelly and Smith (probably unlikely but you never know) then we would be looking at a frontcourt of:

Singler, Sr. (if he stays)
    Miles Plumlee, Jr.
    Czyz, Jr
    Mason Plumlee, So
    Kelly, So
    Harriston, Fr
    Smith, Fr

That's 7 (6 if you assume that Singler will be gone) 6'8" or taller. That would probably as deep a frontcourt I can remember Duke having in a long time. I don't think that there is much room for another forward. Now if we miss on Kelly and Smith then maybe we will go after another forward. Regardless, If Duke hasn't contacted this guy yet, I'm betting they have decided not to target him and have others in mind.

Jeremy Tyler

Duke likes Josh Smith more and has focused their attention on him. This is purely speculation, but Jeremy Tyler has been hyped for a long, long time and that coupled with his proximity to LA (and thus the Rodney Guillory types) should raise some concerns that he might already some have "handlers". Also, I never got the feeling that he was ready to leave the West Coast. While Duke is certainly recruiting some possible one and done players (ie Knight and Smith), I think Duke likes their recruits to express at least a feigning interest in academics and school. Jeremy Tyler is a very obvious one and done player and probably has been since he was a freshman/sophomore in high school