Parrish sees the light

When asked where he would want his son to go if he were a top-50 high school recruit, he listed Duke for education (among 3) and Duke for strictly basketball (among 4).

http://www.sportsline.com/mcc/blogs/...71764/10672828

I want to know if Stanford is interested. Or Duke. Or Vanderbilt. Degrees from those schools are worth a lot of money, and if my son could succeed in the classroom there he'd either make seven-figure salary in the NBA or a six-figure salary in the business world. Those aren't bad options. ... if you're question revolves around strictly basketball then I would tell you that the obvious answers are North Carolina, Duke, Kentucky, Indiana, you know, places where the fan bases are so large and passionate that my son would be a star in the region regardless of whether he was really a star at all.
    He does preface the remarks by saying playing time is the most important.

No brainers for us

I think I might remove Kentucky from that 2nd list given how crazy their fan base is (and how we've seen them turn against people)

The scholarship for life argument still probably applies there though...

What year would his son go to college?

What do I need to do to go about getting my six figure business world salary?

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Consult...

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Consult...
    You know the definition of a consultant? Someone who doesn't know a darn thing more than you do but lives more than 50 miles away!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    You know the definition of a consultant? Someone who doesn't know a darn thing more than you do but lives more than 50 miles away!
    That all depends. Sounds like you've had a bad experience. Many government entities keep consultants in-house - and I will not make any comments about govt. 'talent' but there IS a need for someone who actually knows what they're doing and doesn't have to be groomed. Especially if it's for short durations of time.

And of course, even if they don't know more - they get paid more...

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    That all depends. Sounds like you've had a bad experience.
    Actually I made my living as one for 15 years - and yes, they are often quite well paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    No, no, no, no, no. A consultant is someone who borrows your watch to tell you what time it is. And then keeps the watch.

(Disclosure: Hurleyfor3 works for a consulting firm)

So, how do I get a job in consulting?

Step #1

Let me borrow your watch

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Bank

But choose wisely, or you might get laid off.