Thread: Patrick Bailey!

Patrick Bailey!

I think on another thread not too long ago someone mentioned that Patrick Bailey made the practice squad for the Steelers. Well, he just got promoted to the active roster!

I have no idea if he'll see any game time at all, but the game is on at 4:15 on CBS in Durham if you've got nothing better to do. Might sneak in for a couple snaps, who knows?

Cool Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I think on another thread not too long ago someone mentioned that Patrick Bailey made the practice squad for the Steelers. Well, he just got promoted to the active roster!

I have no idea if he'll see any game time at all, but the game is on at 4:15 on CBS in Durham if you've got nothing better to do. Might sneak in for a couple snaps, who knows?
    Because he replaced a RB on the roster, I would bet this is a move to strengthen the special teams. He might be one of the kamikazes running down the field on kickoffs.

sagegrouse

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Excellent news, thanks for the update.

Is Bailey the only active Duke player on an NFL roster?

As a big Stiller fan since the late 60's, I would be proud to welcome all Duke football fans in cheering against the Iggles today!

Congrats Patrick!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Is Bailey the only active Duke player on an NFL roster?

As a big Stiller fan since the late 60's, I would be proud to welcome all Duke football fans in cheering against the Iggles today!

Congrats Patrick!
    Using the "Blue Devils in the NFL" section of my Duke-Navy program and then checking the names in there on espn or the teams website to see if they're actually on the roster, I found:

Ryan Fowler: Tennessee

Lennie Friedman: Cleveland Browns (Injured Reserve)

Ben Patrick: Arizona Cardinals (Transferred to Delaware for his final season, not sure if that counts)

That's it as far as I can tell, anyone know of any more? I thought we had someone playing third string o-line for green bay or something last year. I may have been wrong.

edit: I found one more, Patrick Mannelly, for the Bears. So I'm sure there are others I missed, I haven't been able to find a very good database of current players by college.

edit part 2: I knew I remembered an article about this somewhat recently. Here's a list of all ACC players in the NFL by team from the N&O.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/acc-in-the-nfl

Though it doesn't have any additional names.

Congrats Patrick!

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    ...I haven't been able to find a very good database of current players by college...
    http://www.sportsline.com/collegefoo...alumni-tracker

Solo tackle today

Have no idea if it was on special teams or as defensive player but must have felt good.

Orrin Thompson played for the Packers last season, but it looks like he's no longer on their roster.