New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Wake Forest 12, Florida State 3

Pulling for Wake to take it the 'Noles for a third straight time. It's been a great ACC football day so far, with State winning (even though I wasn't pulling for them, good for them and the conference), and VT-UNC being a down to the wire game. I hope Wake shows FSU how the big boys in NC play. I also hope FSU second guesses the wisdom of starting with 2 FCS teams.

Very well could be the ACC championship game right here.

Great day so far with all ACC teams winning out of conference and UNC losing in conference. Wake Forest and Arizona State victories would make this a perfect football day...

I wish they'd stop trying to pass off Chris Ponder's statement as trash talk. Saying that it would be tough for FSU to lose if they stay excited and focused isn't much in the way of trash talking, its normal confidence in your team. ESPN is trying hard to make something out of nothing. Its the 4th time I've heard it today.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Pulling for Wake to take it the 'Noles for a third straight time. It's been a great ACC football day so far, with State winning (even though I wasn't pulling for them, good for them and the conference), and VT-UNC being a down to the wire game. I hope Wake shows FSU how the big boys in NC play. I also hope FSU second guesses the wisdom of starting with 2 FCS teams.
    I'm in 100% agreement with you on this. Ahhh, life is good. I hated to see the Pirates lose, but I just can't dislike State and am happy for my Wolfpack friends. Any day carolina loses is a good day for me!

For now, Go Deacs!! GTHC!

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    I wish they'd stop trying to pass off Chris Ponder's statement as trash talk. Saying that it would be tough for FSU to lose if they stay excited and focused isn't much in the way of trash talking, its normal confidence in your team. ESPN is trying hard to make something out of nothing. Its the 4th time I've heard it today.
    ESPN trying to make something out of nothing?! Say it isn't so!

Go Wake. Way to go State! Cry a river, 'Hole fans!

About the only way this day could feel better would be if Duke had played and won...

Congratulations Wake! 12 - 3 Final

Congratulations Wake! 12 - 3 Final. Had to say it again to get more than 10 characters in the post.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Just ended

Wake 12, FSU 3. Nothing but turnovers for the 'Noles.

wfu-f$u

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Congratulations Wake! 12 - 3 Final. Had to say it again to get more than 10 characters in the post.
    I believe new rules are that you can post with only 4 characters now.

Is Wake that good or is f$u that mediocre, rememberng, of course, that WFU had now beaten the 'noles for the 3rd time in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I believe new rules are that you can post with only 4 characters now.

Is Wake that good or is f$u that mediocre, rememberng, of course, that WFU had now beaten the 'noles for the 3rd time in a row.
    Wake is good. FSU has players on probation because of last year's academic scandal. FSU may be slipping... programs do go through peaks and valleys. I like the idea that FSU may be headed into a valley while we head on up the hill!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    I like the idea that FSU may be headed into a valley while we head on up the hill!
    Conference play is a zero sum game; other teams need to have an off-year for us to have an on-year. If ever there were a season for Duke to make a move, this is it.

11. Not Yet Convinced

I am not yet convinced that Wake is as good as their billing. I was excited to see how they would fare against a top 25 team on the road, but FSU simply didn't show up. Four field goals isn't going to win many games during the course of a season.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Thumbs down Fsu

I can't stand Free Shoes University in football. They are a football factory and cut all kind of corners. Bowden doesn't even seem to care and yet the 4 and 5 stars keep lining up to go there. Its just great to see WFU take them to the woodshed. Always great to see a team beat a collection of prima donnas.

Wake

Wake should have won by 28 to 30 points. Their defense seems to be really good but the offense has not reached that status yet. As for Fl St, I only want them to win when they play unc holes.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoDukeTattoos View Post
    I am not yet convinced that Wake is as good as their billing. I was excited to see how they would fare against a top 25 team on the road, but FSU simply didn't show up. Four field goals isn't going to win many games during the course of a season.
    I don't know man. I think what we saw against Wake WAS the real FSU, not one that didn't show up. I'm sold on Wake as a top 20 team.

Still Do Not Understand

How Wake, a smaller school than Duke, turned around its football program so dramatically, and it has taken Duke so long to do so, ( hopefully this is the beginning for Duke )

Coaching, recruiting...?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    How Wake, a smaller school than Duke, turned around its football program so dramatically, and it has taken Duke so long to do so, ( hopefully this is the beginning for Duke )

Coaching, recruiting...?
    Maybe as much... the support of the administration and the school...