Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    I hope the kid throws ten interceptions. Every game for the rest of the season. And fifteen against Duke. What's wrong with you guys?
    What if it were Johnny Dawkins' kid who went to UNC to play football, or Danny Ferry's, or Dick Groat's, or Jeff Mullins'....

( Don't know if they have sons etc , but it is just to make a point )

Would you still feel the same ?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    If they played for Carolina? Probably. Just because their dad or brother might be on my wall doesn't mean I'm going to change my attitude for them about wearing the baby blue. When my two favorite teams are Duke and anyone playing Carolina, that means I will enjoy them screwing up along with everyone else on their team. I have nothing against them as people, but I hold no punches against them as athletes. I hope Paulus turns the ball over so much against Duke that they pull Yates off his crutches to finish the game.(If Yates isn't already back by then)

If one of the Duke greats had a kid go play for UNC, I would hope he'd be red-shirted his freshman year, then decide UNC sucked and transfer to Duke, or heck, anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    What if it were Johnny Dawkins' kid who went to UNC to play football, or Danny Ferry's, or Dick Groat's, or Jeff Mullins'....

( Don't know if they have sons etc , but it is just to make a point )

Absolutely.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Bottom line is that Mike Paulus and UNC are going to get killed on Saturday. What I gathered from the VT game, is that Paulus has a strong arm, moves decently, and knows the playbook but doesn't have enough game experience reading the defensive schemes at this level. That is a big problem. In the VT game, he completed 4 or 5 passes in a row and then got baited into the interception by a VT player who runs a 4.4 forty (he covered about 10 yards while the ball was in the air). Paulus didn't see that in HS and it takes time to develop at this level, especially when you are getting second team reps. Miami is alot faster than VT (might not play smarter) and they are going to have running for his life all day. I would not be suprised to see him knocked out of the game if Davis is not careful with the protection (having a RB stay into to help block).

I doubt Miami is much faster than VT. Their d-lineman were hitting Yates and then Paulus all day. VT has some pretty darn good athletes, they're just still VERY young. So I think Miami's players MIGHT actually play smarter, but wouldn't be a LOT faster.

As for UNC keeping a RB in to help block, that's a two-edged sword. I didn't watch closely to see how UNCs RBs blocked in the passing game, but that is OFTEN a weak spot for college RBs. Unless they're in a system that teaches that and does it a lot, they might not help that much and might be more useful as a safety valve than as a blocker. A RB has to read the rush just like a QB has to read the defense. It's not that easy to do if you don't have the experience/training at it. A lot of NFL RBs aren't very good at it. We'll see.