Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ecu-ncsu

OT at the cow palace. ECU lost 6 yards on their last drive. Shoulda kicked a FG when they had their 1st chance at 1st and goal. Instead they came up with 0 points.

I could not have been anymore wrong in the CFB prediction thread this week.
    But I was right about GT

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Right now the biggest handicap State has is the coach. O'Brien's coaching is killing them, it's like watching Franks/ Roof lead Duke. Even down to using two quarterbacks in the same series. Congratulations Wolfpack, you got yerself a winner there.
    State's defense is looking good, and so is ECU's. But I credit O'Brien more with the turnovers than I do ECU. Stick with your better QB, and your chances improve. ECU should not lose this game.
    P.S. NCSU vs. Duke could be a very good day in Durham.
    WOW, total role reversal. I had no problem with Holtz's call to go on 4th, but the play called made no sense. The rest of the game was very good coaching by O'brien, great playing by State. Questionable coaching by ECU. Well deserved win. WOW.
    Xlent game, looking even more forward now to 11/8!

ecu-ncsu

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    Terrible play calling by ECU.
    You were/are correct. Their play calling/decision making was BAD. As I said on another post, they only came away with 3 points on 2 late possessions of 1st and goal inside the ncsu 9 yard line (1 was at the 9 and the other was at the 4). Goodbye potential top 10 ranking. Think the wolfies would beat the hokies at this stage of the season?

WOW, total role reversal. I had no problem with Holtz's call to go on 4th, but the play called made no sense. The rest of the game was very good coaching by O'brien, great playing by State. Questionable coaching by ECU. Well deserved win. WOW.
    I think the play call would have been ok, but the blockers didn't pick up their assignments right. That's what it looked like to me, and what the commentators said too.

This was an exciting game. I love Andre Brown's desire. The Carolina fans in keeping with their reputation were affectionately calling this the "retard bowl". Lol.

ecu-ncsu

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    This was an exciting game. I love Andre Brown's desire. The Carolina fans in keeping with their reputation were affectionately calling this the "retard bowl". Lol.
    And that's one of the main reasons fans of BOTH those schools unite in their hatred of all things tarheelian.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You were/are correct. Their play calling/decision making was BAD. As I said on another post, they only came away with 3 points on 2 late possessions of 1st and goal inside the ncsu 9 yard line (1 was at the 9 and the other was at the 4). Goodbye potential top 10 ranking. Think the wolfies would beat the hokies at this stage of the season?
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I think the play call would have been ok, but the blockers didn't pick up their assignments right. That's what it looked like to me, and what the commentators said too.

They should have taken the field goal. It would have put them up enough to win in regulation.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

2 bright points from game

2 positive points from the game.

1. We no longer have to hear the number of offensive plays State has gone without a touchdown.

2. We no longer have to listen to the pundits ponder ECU's prospects as BCS buster. Maybe next year they will reserve that talk until a team wins the majority of games in their season, but I doubt it.

Great win for NCSU. Their defense has been decent this year, but has been hung out to dry by a truly anemic offense. O'Brien's faith in Wilson was justified today, and I think we saw the dimensions that Eugene brings to the team. State took a big step in the right direction today.

We can beat NCSU, especially at Wally Wade, but it will take a solid effort to do it...then again, the same can be true for every game left on our schedule. My wife (a Wolfpacker) and I have an understanding that we'll both be fine with whoever wins Duke-NCSU, as long as both of our teams beat the 'Holes.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    Great win for NCSU. Their defense has been decent this year, but has been hung out to dry by a truly anemic offense. O'Brien's faith in Wilson was justified today, and I think we saw the dimensions that Eugene brings to the team. State took a big step in the right direction today.

We can beat NCSU, especially at Wally Wade, but it will take a solid effort to do it...then again, the same can be true for every game left on our schedule. My wife (a Wolfpacker) and I have an understanding that we'll both be fine with whoever wins Duke-NCSU, as long as both of our teams beat the 'Holes.
    Best attitude award!

Great game. Maybe everyone here in Greenville will take those stupid flags off their car.

I concur with CameronB&B on Coach O. I loved Amatto's style (non-clothing) and play calling much better. However, in the long run we will be better off. O'brien may never be the recruiter Amato was but he's a much better coach. NO DEVASTATING PENALTIES!!

And yes, the cat is out of the bag. I am a Pack football fan. My pops played there so what can I say.