View Poll Results: Your favorite Chevy Chase Comedy

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Caddyshack

    7 24.14%
  • Vacation

    7 24.14%
  • Fletch

    3 10.34%
  • European Vacation

    0 0%
  • Spies Like Us

    3 10.34%
  • íThree Amigos!

    2 6.90%
  • Funny Farm

    1 3.45%
  • Christmas Vacation

    6 20.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1

    Your favorite Chevy Chase Comedy

    I had a hard time deciding if I would include the other Vacation movies in the poll. I opted for yes because I find myself quoting all three movies. Please note: there are no movies filmed outside of the 80's in this poll. We don't want to discuss Chevy, comedy, and the 90's. Do we?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Back in the dirty Jerz
    Spies Like Us!

    "It's Soulfinger, by the Bar-Kays!"
    "Having a little trouble getting a gig?"

    ETA: Oh and another great line, this one from Aykroyd.

    "They're Afghani freedom fighters. They're on our side. WE'RE AMERICANS!"
    -- DukeUsul

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Asheville, NC

    Chevy is "IN"Famous...

    ...and that's "more than famous", mind you

    I have to go with The Three Amigos. Have you ever tried to quote his incantation when trying to summon The Invisible Swordsman? I dare say it's impossible.

    --grad_devil

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    How odd, I just saw that Funny Farm was on TV, and I thought of the BIll Murray poll. Then I log on and see this, twilight zoney. Anyways, Vacation and Fletch are great, but the one that makes me laugh the most is Funny Farm. The dog, the squirrels, the townspeople that hate him, the movers that get directions including "Well , if your going to RedBud you sure wouldn't want to start from here".
    Anyways, unfortunately I missed it tonite, but I will watch it anytime is it on.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Remember that time you voted for something other than 'Christmas Vacation,' and you were wrong? Yeah, that was disappointing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
    Had to go with Vacation.

    "Ah, excuse me.....Holmes!?"

    "Eat my rubber!"

    "Tired? I'm not tired. I could go another hundred miles!"


    Another good question for discussion is 1) Who fell from comedic grace like a big lead thing first? Akroyd or Chase?

    -EarlJam

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Had to go with Vacation.

    [I]"Ah, excuse me.....Holmes!?"
    "What it is, bro?"

    But I must admonish you..."Eat my rubber" comes from Christmas Vacation (clearly the best of these films), while the Griswolds are in search of a Christmas tree.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    "What it is, bro?"

    But I must admonish you..."Eat my rubber" comes from Christmas Vacation (clearly the best of these films), while the Griswolds are in search of a Christmas tree.
    Oh. Good catch. Also, "What it is, bro..." is hilarious as well!

    "The dog peed on the sandwiches!"

    -EJ

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    "Do you own a pair of rubber gloves, Mr. Nugent?"
    "I lease, with an option to buy."

    "Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo."

    "It's all ball-bearings these days."


    Game, set, match.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post


    Game, set, match.
    Nope:

    "Grace? She passed away thirty years ago!"

    "Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn... the clean, cool chill of the holiday air... a [butt]hole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer..."

    "-Rocky bit my thumb. Him's nervous.
    -Nervous, or just excited?
    -[Poop]in' bricks.
    -You shouldn't use that word.
    -Sorry. [Poop]in' rocks."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Nope:

    "Grace? She passed away thirty years ago!"

    "Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn... the clean, cool chill of the holiday air... a [butt]hole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer..."

    "-Rocky bit my thumb. Him's nervous.
    -Nervous, or just excited?
    -[Poop]in' bricks.
    -You shouldn't use that word.
    -Sorry. [Poop]in' rocks."
    Yeah, but two out of three of those weren't Chevy Chase punchlines. And the other is only humorous thanks to Randy Quaid.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Yeah, but two out of three of those weren't Chevy Chase punchlines. And the other is only humorous thanks to Randy Quaid.
    Yeah, but the original question wasn't about favorite Chevy Chase lines, but favorite Chevy Chase comedies. As DBR Head Elf, I have but one choice.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Yeah, but the original question wasn't about favorite Chevy Chase lines, but favorite Chevy Chase comedies. As DBR Head Elf, I have but one choice.
    Head elf?

    So I think I was born missing the "I can recite movie lines" gene. Unless we're discussing The Godfather, I cannot throw out movie lines the way y'all can. And even if it is The Godfather, I'm still somewhat iffy. Just not in tune with movie quotes.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Head elf?

    So I think I was born missing the "I can recite movie lines" gene. Unless we're discussing The Godfather, I cannot throw out movie lines the way y'all can. And even if it is The Godfather, I'm still somewhat iffy. Just not in tune with movie quotes.
    Yes, DBR Head Elf, as in "I love Christmas more than everyone else around here...combined."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    I hate Chevy Chase. There aren't too many others (....well, I take that back) who became a household name with less talent.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Sterling, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Remember that time you voted for something other than 'Christmas Vacation,' and you were wrong? Yeah, that was disappointing.
    Hahahaha, wasn't me! I <3 that movie... my second favorite Christmas movie after Jim Henson's 'The Christmas Toy'.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Hmm, I wonder what movie would be the choice of DBR poster, Dr. Rosenrosen?

    Edit: OMG, I was wrong - he already voted for "Spies Like Us"!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Back in the dirty Jerz
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Hmm, I wonder what movie would be the choice of DBR poster, Dr. Rosenrosen?

    Edit: OMG, I was wrong - he already voted for "Spies Like Us"!
    He has good taste.

    "Doctor"
    "Doctor"
    "Doctor"
    "Doctor"
    "Doctor"
    "Doctor"
    "Doctor"
    "Doctor"
    "Doctor"
    "Aaaaaand... Doctor"
    "Did we miss anybody?"
    -- DukeUsul

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC

    Xmas Vacation

    (As his boss and entourage are passing)

    "Merry Christmas!
    Merry Christmas!
    Merry Christmas!
    Kiss my arse!!
    Kiss his arse!!
    Kiss your arse!!
    Happy Hanukkah!"


    Man! They won't even let you use dollar signs for S's anymore! ARGH!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    What about "Under the Rainbow"?

    Quote from the movie: "The pearl (pronounced peahl) is in the liver!"

Similar Threads

  1. Your favorite Bill Murray Comedy
    By 2535Miles in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 09:01 PM
  2. Chevy Rock & Roll 400
    By dukeforester in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 08:33 PM
  3. Chase Duke Visa Card (from banner)
    By HK Dukie in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 08:24 AM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 12:12 AM
  5. The RACE to the CHASE
    By Bluedawg in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 12:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •