Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    You can change your picks? Cool. But I'm sticking to this one. Vikings infant!

-EJ
    I may change and go with the FAIL-cons. They're playing at home vs. KC (w/3rd string QB).

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    For now I'm picking between two cellar dwellers, going with Seattle over St. Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    For now I'm picking between two cellar dwellers, going with Seattle over St. Louis.
    I'm not sure that's a safe bet... just ask the folks who picked the Seahawks last week.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I'm not sure that's a safe bet... just ask the folks who picked the Seahawks last week.
    True dat. I'm thinking this is a really tough week to make your picks. I'm predicting massive eliminations. Then again, I'm one of those shmucks that picked the Seahawks.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    It's a horrible week to make picks. There are very few guaranteed wins, and I want to save those teams for down the road if I'm lucky enough to stay on the bandwagon. I even like EJ's pick even though I made fun of it. I would not want to be any team this week facing an 0-2 team. That's why I went with two 0-2's facing each other. Gonna be a lot of folks not going to Hollywood after this round.

It's a horrible week to make picks. There are very few guaranteed wins, and I want to save those teams for down the road if I'm lucky enough to stay on the bandwagon. I even like EJ's pick even though I made fun of it. I would not want to be any team this week facing an 0-2 team. That's why I went with two 0-2's facing each other. Gonna be a lot of folks not going to Hollywood after this round.
    Well stated and all true. Tough picks. But "safe bets" need to be saved towards the end O' season, and now is the time to take risks. In my O' pinion, going with an 0-2 team at home right now be smarte.

-EarlJam

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Well stated and all true. Tough picks. But "safe bets" need to be saved towards the end O' season, and now is the time to take risks. In my O' pinion, going with an 0-2 team at home right now be smarte.

-EarlJam
    I don't see my fellow ATL DBR Mafia member going with the FAIL-cons. 's up dat? What's the word on the street?

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I'm predicting massive eliminations.
    Because I'm basically a bad sport, I hope everyone loses.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Because I'm basically a bad sport, I hope everyone loses.
    HAHAHA. You get 23/24, that's practically everyone.

If you are ever... ever going to take the Falcons, then this week is the time -- that's for sure.

I really don't like the Minny pick. They may win, but it is not an easy game by any stretch of the imagination. Carolina is a decent team and I hate, hate, hate to pick against decent teams this early in the season. I'd save Minnesota for some other week when they are more of a favorite, like their game against Detroit in a couple weeks.

New England would seem to be the biggest layup on the board, but do you use up a team as good as the Pats this week? It would be nice to have them in your back pocket for a future week. Then again, a huge percentage of pickers used up the Giants last week (including me).

Folks who did not take the Giants last week could easily go with them this week. They are almost a 2 TD fave and are playing at home.

A lot of folks like Seattle this week. The Hawks are banged up a bit but would seem to simply be too good to fall to 0-3. Plus, they are playing at home against a very weak St. Louis club. This is where I am leaning with my pick right now.

Many of the other good teams are playing each other, which makes taking them foolish. Pitt vs. Philly, GB vs. Dallas - those 4 clubs are out of the running to be picked this week unless you have a death wish.

There are a couple other matchups where I could see taking a team, but the above are the main teams I am thinking about.

--Jason "I am starting to sell myself on taking the Falcons... what a huge risk that would be!" Evans

Another reason to doubt the Viking's

Minnesota's best running back is hurt. That won't help their cause much. Doesn't say he won't play, but he isn't practicing.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    You guys aren't listening to me. 'Saving' good teams often means you never get to use them. Pick a winner and worry about next week, well, next week. Which reminds me, this pool didn't start first week, I can still pick New England in this one, good idea!

Minnesota's best running back is hurt. That won't help their cause much. Doesn't say he won't play, but he isn't practicing.
    Ummm, APete is more than just "Minnesota's best running back." He is probably the most feared player in the NFL right now. He is pretty much Minnesota's entire offense. Take Adrian away and the Vikes would struggle to score 14 points against freaking Detroit.

If we knew for sure that he was not playing, I would be very tempted to take Carolina in this game -- even though I almost never take a team on the road in a Survivor Pool.

--Jason "APete has passed LT as the best runner in the game, IMO" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    I may change and go with the FAIL-cons. They're playing at home vs. KC (w/3rd string QB).
    Probably not a bad choice. Until they show me otherwise, they will be the kc chiefs to me this year - no caps until they earn them. Clark Hunt, if you are reading this (yeah, right), please fire Carl Peterson. "King" Carl is in year gazillion of his 5 year plan to get us to the Super Bowl, long time season ticket holders didn't renew and unless something changes even more won't renew next year, playing for a high draft position doesn't work because they don't seem to be able to pick anyone that stays and does well. (Do I sound bitter/pessimistic?) I split my season tickets the last two years 50/50. This year I went with splitting them with the chiefs - I got 0 games and they got 16.

But you do have to love a QB with a last name of Thigpen.

Dag gummit.

You all talked me out of my Minnesota pick. To many bad omens.

I'm now going with the Pats. Thing that scares me there though, is that they are sooooooooooooooooooooooo due to lose a regular season game.

And Miami is just the type of team to deliver the blow. Pats may not take them seriously enough.

But, the game's on the Pats home turf. Gotta like the odds.

-EarlJam

P.S. If Minnesota wins, and the Pats lose, I'm gonna freakin' Kronk-Donk somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ummm, APete is more than just "Minnesota's best running back." He is probably the most feared player in the NFL right now. He is pretty much Minnesota's entire offense. Take Adrian away and the Vikes would struggle to score 14 points against freaking Detroit.

If we knew for sure that he was not playing, I would be very tempted to take Carolina in this game -- even though I almost never take a team on the road in a Survivor Pool.

--Jason "APete has passed LT as the best runner in the game, IMO" Evans
    APete? Hahaha never heard that.

I took NE this week. I just wasn't loving the choices.

Is there anything more absurd than the fact that I am currently debating between taking Atlanta and taking New England?!?!?! Is that even possible?

Need to look at NE's schedule to see if there is a sweet layup game for them in the next few weeks that I will kick myself for not having them available...

--Jason "I know there is no other game all year when I will consider taking the Falcons" Evans

Is there anything more absurd than the fact that I am currently debating between taking Atlanta and taking New England?!?!?! Is that even possible?
    It has to happen sooner or later, so I'll just break the ice. This is what the experts call "parity". Even though it has nothing to do with the current situation you're discussion, I'm sure it's got to come up in week 3.

On a semi-related topic, I'm thinking we should start College Football Drinking Game. Anytime you hear someone say "TRUE freshmen", take a shot. Make sure you have a friend nearby to call 911 when you get alcohol poisoning.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    No.

If Atlanta wins and the Pats do not, I'll buy everyone a drink. And by everyone I mean Jason and EarlJam the next time I'm in Atlanta.

EarlJam, have you not been following the Bill Bellichick New England Patriots? One thing you have to give them credit for, they never look past anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    No.

If Atlanta wins and the Pats do not, I'll buy everyone a drink. And by everyone I mean Jason and EarlJam the next time I'm in Atlanta.

EarlJam, have you not been following the Bill Bellichick New England Patriots? One thing you have to give them credit for, they never look past anybody.
    Except that one time, February 3rd, 2008.