Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who likes tea?

Who likes tea?

It should go without saying that everyone on this board likes iced tea, so I'm talking about hot tea. I awoke this morning to a serious coffee problem. So I've resorted to tea instead. I love my tea, but it's usually an afternoon thing, not a wake me up in the morning thing. I like the whole ritual of grinding beans, getting fresh cold water, and waiting while the smell of coffee permeates the air. Loose tea is fun, but just not as much fun.

I still love my tea though. Earl Grey, PG Tips, Tension Tamer, Sleepytime (with valerian, it's a must!).

I do, though only drink it on cold afternoons. My favorite is English Breakfast.

Both times I've been lucky enough to visit England I drank more tea than my whole life combined. I plan to have a repeat performance in 2012 when I'm there to cheer on 2535 and EJ in synchronized diving.

Earl Grey...hot.
    Windsor (aka Loni)

a wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age

i'm going to sound like a snob...but my favorite tea is noix de coco...its absolutely delicious...my dad brings it back from london for my mom

Quote Originally Posted by bigj4194 View Post
    i'm going to sound like a snob...but my favorite tea is noix de coco...its absolutely delicious...my dad brings it back from london for my mom
    No way, you don't sound like a snob, unless by your post you mean to denigrate the rest of our choices.

So what's this noix de coco like?

Thumbs up Tea time

As per another thread discussion, herbal tea is my mainstay. Teavana has a great selection, my favorites being: Rooibos chai and their Rooibos tropica. I also like chamomile and lemongrass blends. African honeybush is also nice.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

I am a tea freak. I never developed a taste for coffee, so I began drinking hot tea with milk and sugar or honey in the mornings decades ago. Lipton is fine with me, but I also have an extensive Twinings collection of teas. I even have an electric tea kettle that boils 6 cups of water in approximately 3 minutes. For the afternoons and evenings, my favorite is Lady Gray decaf. Mornings, though I require full caffeine!

It has been really cool driving my Mini Cooper to work with my Mini mug full of hot tea!

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    For me it is coffee in the morning and tea from about mid-afternoon on (although I will sometimes drink coffee in the afternoon/evening).

And I tend to drink a lot of tea. Being Scottish/British it kind of comes with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    As per another thread discussion, herbal tea is my mainstay. Teavana has a great selection, my favorites being: Rooibos chai and their Rooibos tropica. I also like chamomile and lemongrass blends. African honeybush is also nice.
    Your post, coupled by my coffee crisis were the inspiration for this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    For me it is coffee in the morning and tea from about mid-afternoon on (although I will sometimes drink coffee in the afternoon/evening).

And I tend to drink a lot of tea. Being Scottish/British it kind of comes with the territory.
    What's your favorite colchar and how do you take it? Knew I could count on you for this thread.

My English ancestry, I suppose . . .

I drink tea by the gallon. I currently have a large Biscuitville iced tea on my desk alongside a mug of hot Republic of Tea Mango Ceylon.

I usually only drink hot tea during the summer at my office b/c it's like a refrigerator. I keep a pitcher of iced tea in the fridge all summer long.

During the winter, it's hot tea all the time. I have identical Melitta electric kettles in my office and at home. My favorites are Bigelow Constant Comment, the Mango Ceylon, and PG Tips. I also like a good Oolong with Chinese food. And Darjeeling. And the Christmas spice tea at the Fairview. If you've never done afternoon tea at the Washington Duke, I highly recommend it.

I rarely put milk in my tea anymore since I learned that it eliminates a lot of the good stuff that's in black tea. I do like it a little sweet, though. Not a big fan of the greens and whites b/c they're not very strong. I like a good STRONG cuppa.

I like ice cold sweet tea with a lemon in it. Oh yes, I’m from the South baby!

This brings up a good question though. You know how that coffee maker product “Mr. Coffee” really caught on? Seems everyone had a “Mr. Coffee.” Joltin’ Joe DiMaggio was the face of the product.

Well, if you took the same concept and used if for a tea maker, wouldn’t you have a “Mr. Tea?” Hmmmmmmmm. Now who in the world would make a good spokesperson for a product called “Mr. Tea?” I have no idea.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Well, if you took the same concept and used if for a tea maker, wouldn’t you have a “Mr. Tea?” Hmmmmmmmm. Now who in the world would make a good spokesperson for a product called “Mr. Tea?” I have no idea.

-EarlJam
    Please don't say the Geico caveman or the gecko.

I like ice cold sweet tea with a lemon in it. Oh yes, I’m from the South baby!

This brings up a good question though. You know how that coffee maker product “Mr. Coffee” really caught on? Seems everyone had a “Mr. Coffee.” Joltin’ Joe DiMaggio was the face of the product.

-EarlJam
    John Turturro?

-EarlJam
    Tiny Tim?

-EarlJam
    Tony Danza? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    John Turturro?
    No.

-----------

Tiny Tim?
    No. And he's dead.

Tony Danza? Anyone?

No. And I just threw up.

No. And I just threw up.
    I suppose you're holding out for Ice T.
    Last edited by 2535Miles; 09-11-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: bad quoting style

I suppose you're holding out for Ice T.
    I did not recognize Ice I. I thought that was Joey Bag-of-donuts.