• Stripes

12 26.09%
  • Ghostbusters

6 13.04%
  • Other.

14 30.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Bill Murray Comedy

This board is lacking in polls. Please discuss amongst yourselves, your favorite Bill Murray comedy.

The ESP 'card-reading' scene in the beginning just kills me.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    I can't believe you left "Groundhog Day" off the list of options. "Other" it is...
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    I can't believe you left "Groundhog Day" off the list of options. "Other" it is...
    Good one! I had trouble thinking of movies outside of the 80's. Groundhog Day was definitely the highlight of his comedy career, post 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Wow, I can't believe I forgot that (was just looking at the list) - that may be tops.

Talking ARMY training, SIR!!

... but we are willing to learn!

Who cried when Old Yeller died?

Where The Buffalo Roam was pretty good as well, one of his earlier flicks, maybe from '79 or '80. What About Bob was decent, although not as funny, IMO.

another one

my favorite is "what about bob"

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Groundhog Day. It's hard for me to think of Caddyshack as a Bill Murray comedy. He's great in it, but it's an ensemble piece.

I love, love, love Stripes and I'm actually kinda surprised it's doing so well in this poll!

"That's a fact, Jack!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Groundhog Day. It's hard for me to think of Caddyshack as a Bill Murray comedy. He's great in it, but it's an ensemble piece.
    Agreed. Groundhog Day gets my vote.

-EJ

"I'M SAILING; I'M SAILING; I'M SAILING"

What about Bob it is...
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Hard to call it a Bill Murray film but his role in Kingpin was hilarious. And that's one hell of funny flick.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    I love, love, love Stripes and I'm actually kinda surprised it's doing so well in this poll!

"That's a fact, Jack!"
    Stripes is the big toe of Bill Murray movies(though I voted for Mr. Stay Puft marshmellow man)

"You go get'um Bobby!"

Bill surely got the last laugh on the Tar Heels that year! We whupped 'em by the score of 47-12!

Rudy the rabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    Bill surely got the last laugh on the Tar Heels that year! We whupped 'em by the score of 47-12!
    Ha! Great post!

Murray

Add me to the Groundhog list ...

Stripes, Scrooged, Ghostbusters and Meatballs are definitely great comedies, but Groundhog Day is a legimately great movie.

Love Caddyshack (second-funniest sports movie ever, after Slap Shot), but I agree that it's not really a Bill Murray movie, although he has a great cameo.

I absolutely love Lost in Translation ...although I realize that's an acquired taste. And I love his role as the conflicted ventriloquist in Tim Robbins' Cradle Will Rock (Murray is a right wing nut ... his dummy breaks out in The Internationale on stage) ... but like Caddyshack, that's an ensemble piece.

I never liked What About Bob or Quick Change. Very disappointed by The Life Aquatic and Rushmore. I can't get a handle on The Razor's Edge (although I was surprised to learn that Murray wrote the screenplay).

My Bill Murray Guilty Pleasure is The Man Who Knew Too Little -- I can't help it ... I laugh out loud at the bumbling idiot who everybody thinks is a super spy.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Stripes and Meatballs are the only ones on the list I would call a Bill Murray movie, even Ghostbusters 1&2 he has plenty of help. They are just too dated for me, so it's Groundhog Day, I can watch that one more than once without switching the channel the second time.