When you go to bed at night...

If you are not overly stressed about work, what do you do or think about to drift into sleepytown?

Me? I often pretend/fantasize about going back in time. I pretty much create a fiction and meditate on it until I fall asleep.

Don't get me wrong. I stress out a lot about work, but when I get in bed, I make certain to leave the pressures of the "real world" back in the living room.

-EJ

I read before going to sleep and am able to roll over, close my eyes, and fall asleep. Now, if I could just stay asleep until the alarm goes off I'd be one happy camper, but that's another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I read before going to sleep and am able to roll over, close my eyes, and fall asleep. Now, if I could just stay asleep until the alarm goes off I'd be one happy camper, but that's another thread.
    I do that too at times (read). So in a way, we do the same thing. Relish in fiction before going to Dreamland.

-EJ

I either think about the day just concluded or what is on tap for the following day. I know, I'm boring!

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    I do that too at times (read). So in a way, we do the same thing. Relish in fiction before going to Dreamland.

-EJ
    What kind of fiction do you read? I like a good murder/spy mystery/thriller. Though, lately I've been reading books by women about women.

What kind of fiction do you read? I like a good murder/spy mystery/thriller. Though, lately I've been reading books by women about women.
    Right now I'm reading a sort of spiritual half-fiction called, "The Shack" by William P. Young.

Good read. A little predictable so far but entertaining and interesting nonetheless.

-EarlJam

On my "next read" list is a HILARIOUS fiction titled, "Tyler Hansbrough, The Rise of the Next NBA Superstar."

I've heard it's almost too ridiculous for its own good.

-EJ

On my "next read" list is a HILARIOUS fiction titled, "Tyler Hansbrough, The Rise of the Next NBA Superstar."

-EJ
    ROTFLMAO

That is some serious fiction. Where can I get a copy?

-EJ
    You're dangerously close to moving this to the EKB.

I usually read boring, nerdy stuff about space. Sometimes I pick up fiction but I have trouble putting it down if the plot gets going.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post

I usually read boring, nerdy stuff about space. Sometimes I pick up fiction but I have trouble putting it down if the plot gets going.
    I have trouble putting fiction down if it's bedtime. I always forget to do this, but I really need to have something like my Organic Chemistry text by the bed for those nights I can't sleep. I do believe that would be way better than valium or Rozerem!

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post

"Space" as in how to most efficiently place your furniture or "space" as in "Wow! Spock just got beamed into a lactating elephant!?"

-EJ

Besides doing the bed sheet tango ...

I do a little meditation type thing where I breathe deeply, trying to feel the air running through my entire body and think about one of the most peaceful times I have had. Kayaking with my husband through mangrove canals in the Bahamas. The sun was warm but not hot, we were all alone, the water was perfect temp and crystal clear, clean fresh air, all you hear is the lapping of the water as we (my husband) paddled...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post

I do a little meditation type thing where I breathe deeply, trying to feel the air running through my entire body and think about one of the most peaceful times I have had. Kayaking with my husband through mangrove canals in the Bahamas. The sun was warm but not hot, we were all alone, the water was perfect temp and crystal clear, clean fresh air, all you hear is the lapping of the water as we (my husband) paddled...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
    A very serious compliment: You just gave your husband major KUDOS. Unfortunately, that's rare these days. On just your simple post alone, I can say he is a very lucky man. Awesome.

-EJ

Thanks EJ, that means a lot. I am a very lucky woman. We just moved and started jobs where his requires working/commuting from 7am to midnight. It's hard to go to bed without him.

Waiting for him to make it home right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    I have trouble putting fiction down if it's bedtime. I always forget to do this, but I really need to have something like my Organic Chemistry text by the bed for those nights I can't sleep. I do believe that would be way better than valium or Rozerem!
    While I'm a big fan of physics and astronomy, I can only take some much at a time. I have also tried reading the dictionary, but only in extreme cases of insomnia. Perhaps we should convince DBR to publish the LTE and Two Posts... in paperback.

Who I am kidding, I could never put that down.

"Space" as in how to most efficiently place your furniture or "space" as in "Wow! Spock just got beamed into a lactating elephant!?"
    -EJ
    Spockenspockspockenheimer.

bed time

[QUOTE=ghost;191115]Besides doing the bed sheet tango ...

We are taking dance lessons, so I thought it was the horizontal mambo

[QUOTE=devildeac;191136]

Or the "Hand Jive."

-EJ

[QUOTE=devildeac;191136]

Just depends on where you are... the bed sheet tango originated from the Argentina/Uruguay region where the Mambo has more of the Cuban flair.

I am a fan of the SOUTH American style

After the ritualistic removal of the sacred thirteen pillows, (it will soon grow to include a shaman's chanting-maybe the real reason for 13?) drifting off to sleep is one of the easiest things I ever do. It's really just a laying-there thing, isn't it?

Unless you're in Hawaii and have to share sleeping quarters with Satan's Lizard! http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DG