Thread: Black Holes

Black Holes

The large hadron collider was fired up this morning. So far, it appears that we did not get sucked into a black hole. But these mad scientists are unlocking the secrets of the universe, so Fringe may soon be a reality series.

Not to rain on your parade, Fish, but they only started accelerating the particles this morning. The black holes will pop up in a month or so, when they start colliding those suckers.

I found this to be a good, informed read for a physics dummy like myself:
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/scie...s/4281928.html

This, from the CNN article:

Skeptics, who claim that the experiment could lead to the creation of a black hole capable of swallowing the planet, failed in a legal bid to halt the project at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research.

My God Man! Stop the experiment!

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post

Skeptics, who claim that the experiment could lead to the creation of a black hole capable of swallowing the planet, failed in a legal bid to halt the project at CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research.

-EarlJam
    You can joke around, but if we get sucked in you won't even hear the giant sucking sound!!!

Wasn't CERN featured in The Da Vinci Code?

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post

-EarlJam
    Has the Large Hadron Collider destroyed the earth yet?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    They interviewed a bunch of children on NPR this morning (BBC portion of it) and one of them said "If they destroy the world I'm going to blame the scientists". Good luck with that, kid.

Whew! Glad they put that site up for us.
    Nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    They interviewed a bunch of children on NPR this morning (BBC portion of it) and one of them said "If they destroy the world I'm going to blame the scientists". Good luck with that, kid.
    My aged mother sometimes complains about her late next door neighbor, who twenty years ago, picked tomatoes out of her garden while she was away from home at the beach.

I always reply that she should ask for the return of them, and please let me know if she gets an answer.

View the source code when you load this page and check the embedded comments.

That site is so very clearly a ripoff of this much more informative site: http://www.hasthelargehadroncollider...heworldyet.com

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    That site is so very clearly a ripoff of this much more informative site: http://www.hasthelargehadroncollider...heworldyet.com
    Great catch. I was looking for a site with more substance, letters.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Source code on this site is boring, though I do like the offer for a refund!

The bible says Jesus is coming back ok guys, if a black hole came,

Jesus would come down and save you - so if your holy - forget about this so called physics and black holes.