4 4.04%
  • UCLA

13 13.13%
  • Georgetown

60 60.61%
  • Ohio State

22 22.22%

Who do we root for now?

I can't root for Florida, because I don't want anyone else to go back to back. Any way, I don't like Donovan much.

I hated UCLA as a kid (maybe like some folks hate Duke now).

I'm not wild about Georgetown -- well, I was today, but you know what I mean.

I went to Michigan for law school, so don't really like Ohio State, but Thad Matta seems okay, and I'm wonderfully impressed by Oden. He's the real deal. Go Buckeyes!

(Maybe someone should set this up as a poll.)

Of the notFlorida options, I'm not particular.

Mainly, I'm for the Atlanta Braves.
    Last edited by throatybeard; 03-25-2007 at 08:12 PM.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

I don't want Florida either because it might help them get Patterson to, So I am rooting for Georgetown because we beat them and Carolina didn't.

Me three for nonflawda

Anybody but Forida! I don't care now, but am less enthusiastic about FL (of course), UCLA, or GTown. So that leaves me with OSU.

georgetown because 1) it's a good school, 2) it's not florida and 3) I'd probably win my pool

Since my ABC wish has been granted I will now switch to ABF for next weekend

DITTO, DITTO, DITTO...

ABF for all Duke fans!
    DukeDevilDeb

Georgetown, Babee!!

I'm pulling for Georgetown because a) they beat Carolina woo hoo
    b) they're Catholic and so am I.

Abf

Prefer UCLA over GTown and OState. But don't really care as long as it is not the gators.

My vote is for G'Town. I've been a fan since I was a kid when AI was breaking ankles over there and Victor Paige was jumping out of the building. My first love is Duke obviously, but i've always had respect for the Hoya program. Also, I can't stand FL either. Noah drives me nuts, I wish I could shave that kids head.

Hoya Saxa!!!

The last private school standing.

Actually, I really like a whole lot of what UCLA has going on right now. From what I have seen (which admittedly isn't much) they play a great game of team basketball - beginning with team defense. Still rooting for Georgetown, but, as most have said here, don't really care as long as it's not Florida.

Sorry, Stray!

Anyone but UF. I wouldn't be opposed to Ohio State or Georgetown, though a Georgetown win ties the Big East with the ACC with most championships this decade.

I want both Fla and UCLA to lose. Fla because they'd be repeating, and UCLA because they have more than enough titles and if they win and Collison doesn't go pro, they add Kevin Love to their defense/experience/coaching, and they'll have a fantastic chance to repeat next season. (If OSU wins and Oden returns, I wouldn't be that afraid of them still. They strike no fear for some reason).

Unfortunately, the OSU/Georgetown is the early game, so I don't know whom to root for. I regard Georgetown as a better matchup for Fla, but OSU is a much better matchup for UCLA. I guess I'll root for OSU because they could probably put up a better fight against Fla the second time around while UCLA would beat Georgetown 4 out of 5, imo (the Hoyas success depends a lot on passing through tight windows that just aren't available against UCLA's quick hands on defense).
    Last edited by Troublemaker; 03-26-2007 at 09:30 AM.

Big Men

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I want both Fla and UCLA to lose. Fla because they'd be repeating, and UCLA because they have more than enough titles and if they win and Collison doesn't go pro, they add Kevin Love to their defense/experience/coaching, and they'll have a fantastic chance to repeat next season. (If OSU wins and Oden returns, I wouldn't be that afraid of them still. They strike no fear for some reason).

Unfortunately, the OSU/Georgetown is the early game, so I don't know whom to root for. I regard Georgetown as a better matchup for Fla, but OSU is a much better matchup for UCLA. I guess I'll root for OSU because they could probably put up a better fight against Fla the second time around while UCLA would beat Georgetown 4 out of 5, imo (the Hoyas success depends a lot on passing through tight windows that just aren't available against UCLA's quick hands on defense).
    I'm sticking with Georgetown. The big man Hibbert, a great forward in Green and guards who can play and really hound you on defense. OSU is no patsy with Oden and Connely(SP).

One more thing I noticed is that 3 of the four final four teams feature a big man around 7 feet or larger. Hibbert was kind of raw last year and is a little slow. He got to play last year and his game has really come along with post moves and good passing. Maybe coach K should think about what Zoubek could mean for our team in terms of shot blocking, rebounding and scoring down low. We will need him more next year and we need him to have experience and confidence.

Ohio State offends me the least; it's the Buckeyes.

Im rooting for Georgetown for 2 reasons. 1) They beat UNC 2) We beat them and if they win it all we can say we beat the National Champs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I probably don't need to state that I'm still rooting for UCLA to win it all. However, I don't know that Collison would stay if UCLA won it all, as that might be enough to push his draft stock to where he'll jump. I haven't head anything about how much he likes school etc, but the money is hard to resist. If he leaves, Westbrook should be a very capable replacement. Arron is almost definitely gone, although scouts aren't enamored with various elements of his game (they say he's not athletic enough etc). If he does come back, watch out for UCLA next year, as he's that clutch go-to guy that every team needs. I don't see anyone else jumping early from the team, which means that everyone else would return (no seniors).