Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thoughts on last nights epi?

I whiffed on the Observer. Anybody know what scene he was in? I was just getting good at finding him in the last few episodes too! D'oh! Anyway, as usual, I liked the episode. Did I miss what they did to the apple at the end of the episode or are we not supposed to know yet? I like the continuity of bringing the parasite-inflicted FBI guy back. At least he was still important to the episode instead of disappearing for a few weeks and then coming back! Any other thoughts? Watching Walter suffer in the institution was heart-breaking. I love the guy! Missed him not being obsessed with something in this episode though!

i'm with you...i missed the observer and i was looking for him...haven't been good at spotting him until ive read this board, but i was looking hard for him and couldnt find him either. i thought it too was a good episode. *SPOILER ALERT* I wish they had explained the equation a little more though. All they said was the equation was completed and it led to the guy being able to stick his hand through a solid surface and grab the apple and pull it out. As always...looking forward to next week

I saw him!! But it was hard!

At the 46 minute mark, he is standing in the background next to a tree as Olivia walks outside just moments before she spots the "red temple." No way you would notice him unless you were really looking hard. He is standing perfectly still, which makes him actually stand out a little bit as he is in a place where he should be moving. He is not looking at the camera but it looking off in a different direction. He is waaay in the background. I saw him and pointed him out and it still took my wife watching the scene again to spot him.

There were very few opportunities for him to show up this week as the action rarely took place in a public place. I don't like that he is showing up a lot in places where Olivia could spy him, seeing as she knows to be on the lookout for him and would probably try to grab him to question him if she spotted him. His appearance is unique enough that a good FBI agent would spot him... although he may be able to be invisible or whatever.

At least he was not essentially on the same airplane as Olivia this week

--Jason "decent episode, IMO, and I liked that we got a continuation of the bad FBI guy at the end" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I saw him!! But it was hard!

At the 46 minute mark, he is standing in the background next to a tree as Olivia walks outside just moments before she spots the "red temple." No way you would notice him unless you were really looking hard. He is standing perfectly still, which makes him actually stand out a little bit as he is in a place where he should be moving. He is not looking at the camera but it looking off in a different direction. He is waaay in the background. I saw him and pointed him out and it still took my wife watching the scene again to spot him.
    After this...i went back and looked for him...it took me a couple of watches but i finally spotted him. Here's a pic attached. NICE SPOT Jason!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bigj4194 View Post
    After this...i went back and looked for him...it took me a couple of watches but i finally spotted him. Here's a pic attached. NICE SPOT Jason!
    I think this makes me The Observer observer.

--Jason " " Evans

Yes you are The Observer observer. I look to you every week when I don't spot him because you obviously quite good.

I always knew butterflies were evil!!!

I am out of town and may not watch this week's episode for several days. I'll post about The Observer after watching. Was he easy to spot or do I need to look hard?

--Jason "I wish they shot this show in HD" Evans

I whiffed...and i was trying to pay close attention...it must have been in the first 10-15 minutes as i was really watching the last 1/2 hour...then again i could have just completely missed...which has been known to happen...i look forward to the observer observer (wink wink Jason) to let me know where he was this past week!

I whiffed...and i was trying to pay close attention...it must have been in the first 10-15 minutes as i was really watching the last 1/2 hour...then again i could have just completely missed...which has been known to happen...i look forward to the observer observer (wink wink Jason) to let me know where he was this past week!
    I was multitasking and forgot to look for him too. D'oh!

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    I was multitasking and forgot to look for him too. D'oh!
    Me too! By the time I remembered to start looking, I must have already missed him. Had to be pretty early on in the episode.

Sorry-- with holiday travel I have not been able to watch last week's episode yet. Will let you know as soon as I do. Hopefully I will observe him

-Jason

I know where The Observer can be found. But I cheated by looking it up at a Fringe-dedicated website. I also found out that he has a name. Has this been discussed, or does anyone know what The Observer's name is?

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I know where The Observer can be found. But I cheated by looking it up at a Fringe-dedicated website. I also found out that he has a name. Has this been discussed, or does anyone know what The Observer's name is?
    i only know him as the observer...but im curious where he was in this past episode

The Observer is against a wall when Mark Young (butterfly cuttee) gets out of an elevator.

The Observer's name is September.

The Observer is against a wall when Mark Young (butterfly cuttee) gets out of an elevator.

The Observer's name is September.
    Before reading your post I decided to watch the episode again just to see if I could spot him. 33 seconds into the episode I did indeed...right where you said
    Attached Images Attached Images

also...where did we learn that his name is september? I know you looked on a website, but is there mention of it in a specific episode?

I thought last nights episode was one of the best so far! But I am biased! They brought back some of the characters from previous episodes, instead of waiting 6 months to do so! I am very curious about the relationship between Broyles and Nina Sharp. He obviously knows she is shady, but still works with her/accepts her help. I think its a very interesting dynamic (Pun totally intended!).

also...where did we learn that his name is september? I know you looked on a website, but is there mention of it in a specific episode?
    http://fringepedia.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

If you go to the website and click on recurring characters and The Observer's photo, it says under 'trivia' that "in the official Fox press release for The Arrival (episode), The Observer is named September.

http://fringepedia.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

If you go to the website and click on recurring characters and The Observer's photo, it says under 'trivia' that "in the official Fox press release for The Arrival (episode), The Observer is named September.
    If they ever actually call him September on the show that will be the moment that Fringe jumped the shark

--Jason "is it kinda sad that almost all of our discussion of this show centers around a simple gimmick that has little to do with the overall plot?" Evans