Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Local Navy Reservists at Game

The Navy Operational Support Center, Raleigh is allowing us Reservists to attend the game tomorrow despite the fact that it is a drill weekend. The catch is that we are all required to muster at the Will Call Box Office @ 1130 prior to the game and then muster again at the end of the game. And we are required to wear our Navy uniforms. So, you'll see a few of us in the stands. However, while I'll be wearing my Navy uniform, I'll be pulling for my BLUE DEVILS!!! GO DUKE!!!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoDukeTattoos View Post
    However, while I'll be wearing my Navy uniform, I'll be pulling for my BLUE DEVILS!!! GO DUKE!!!
    Wear something sneaky and blue, like tape a forked tail to your uniform. And be kind when we poke holes in your boat.

3. Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Wear something sneaky and blue, like tape a forked tail to your uniform. And be kind when we poke holes in your boat.
    Well, as displayed in my avatar, I represent Duke 24/7/365 with my tat. Also, I'll have my Duke stadium seat and flag in hand. My son will be with me as well sporting all his Duke gear!

Quick Hitter Interview #8 Thaddeus Lewis

http://bluedevilnation.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    No way. I bleed Duke Blue!
    Then we shall win! Thank you Bob!

GO DUKE!!!!! Sink Navy!

Re: BB players playing FB

Not to respond to any particular poster's recollection of Duke basketball players turning to the football field, I think it should be noted that in 1963, Duke reserve forward ('61-2--63-4) Bob Jamieson walked on to that team and became a safety under Murray. He started quite a few games and did a creditable job. Bob is/was 6-5 and weighed about 215. He was as hard as a rock (but a very nice guy).

He, too, had been a prep all-American as a football player, it wasn't a hard transition for him. (But those days were different from today.)

Rip 'em up, tear 'em up, give 'em hell Duke!

Go Duke! Sink Navy!

Why does Navy allow their players to chop block?

Question Radio links?, Snrubchat

Any good streaming radio links for today's game? The station that did Bob Harris' call of JMU called the NCSU game last week.

I hope we have good turnout in the Snrubchat: http://www.snrub.com/.

LGD!!
    Lavabe

Talking Lucky Day!!

Just this week, we finally broke down and got HDTV. Of all the luck, the package that we had to purchase has ESPNU ... and I see that a certain game at WW is on ESPNU at noon!

This is my lucky day ... where's that lottery thread?

Oh yeah, Duke is going to win. The vibes are falling into place.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Any good streaming radio links for today's game? The station that did Bob Harris' call of JMU called the NCSU game last week.

I hope we have good turnout in the Snrubchat: http://www.snrub.com/.

LGD!!
    Lavabe
    Throaty now has a new thread alerting folks of the snrubchat address:
    http://snrub.ajaxperformance.com/

Sorry for any confusion.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    A word of warning for those planning on attending. It's supposed to be a bit on the toasty side, low 90s, humid. Noon start. Sun screen and lots of fluids.
    In the 1Q, it's 87 with a dewpoint of 73, so that's a heat index of 94. And barely past noon. Reminds me why I don't really miss Durham.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    My last trip to Wallace Wade was in 1976 when I watched Duke drop a 44-31 decision to Pittsburgh. It has been way too long and I intend to remedy the situation in the future. I will not make it to WW this season, but will be there in 2009 or 2010. I have a three year old Grandson that I intend to ensure becomes a DukeFanatic!
    If my memory serves me correctly, Duke held Tony Dorsett to under 100 yards. And the cheer was "who is Tony Dor-sett, who is Tony Dor-sett". Exciting game for Duke, but as usual during those years, the Devils fell heartbreakingly short.
    Tears, then beers. Lots and lots of beers.

We're down 24-20 at halftime. We're moving the ball at will offensively, but we can't finish. We missed a short field goal at a bad angle, but we've nailed two field goals--one at 47 yards, and one at 52 yards.

We had a costly turnover that Navy converted into a TD; we returned a fumble for a TD.

And they're moving the ball at will on the ground--and in the air--as well.

Should be a fun second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar Kaufman View Post
    We're down 24-20 at halftime. We're moving the ball at will offensively, but we can't finish. We missed a short field goal at a bad angle, but we've nailed two field goals--one at 47 yards, and one at 52 yards.
    On a replay, it looked to me like a Navy defender just got a hand on the ball on our missed FG.

Quote Originally Posted by BoC View Post
    On a replay, it looked to me like a Navy defender just got a hand on the ball on our missed FG.
    Agreed, I saw that as well. Kick was too low, though--there wasn't much penetration, IMO.

Well we are off to a fantastic start in the 2nd half.

We've held Navy to three consecutive 3-and-outs, and we've taken a 27-24 lead.

Duke ball on Navy's 40.

TD Duke.

We lead 34-24, with 1:46 left in the 3rd.

3rd and 11 and navy got a 68 yard passing TD. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!