Thread: Criminal Minds

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).

Criminal Minds

Alright, with the new season starting next week I thought it might be time for some discussion of Criminal Minds.

Does anyone have any guesses about who was injured in the explosion? I'm fairly certain I know who it is.

And how do people feel about Meta Golding replacing A.J. Cook (for the duration of her maternity leave)? Think they'll keep her around once A.J. returns?

Any other thoughts on the coming season?

I haven't really dwelt on it, so anything's a suprise to me. I'm just glad you reminded me. I'll catch it after Bones.

Think I'm gonna bake a key lime pie tonight while watching the tube. Not relevant, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I haven't really dwelt on it, so anything's a suprise to me. I'm just glad you reminded me. I'll catch it after Bones.

Think I'm gonna bake a key lime pie tonight while watching the tube. Not relevant, but just thought I'd throw it out there.
    If it was either lemon meringue or a strawberry shortcake I'd be coming over to join you.

I'm excited for the new season. Wasn't sure how much I would like it after Patkin left, but as long as Reid is on, I'll watch. As for who was in the SUV, I have no idea. Hopefully none of the prominent characters were killed. CSI is already having a HUGE cast turnover this season, so I'd like to keep this whole introducing new characters thing to a minimum.

I'm not sure I'll watch next Wednesday. I will be recording for viewing at another time, but not even sure I'll watch it. This show no longer does "it" for me, even though they a terrifically written episode last year. It was the case in Florida (I think it was Florida) involving a serial killer at a church.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    I'm excited for the new season. Wasn't sure how much I would like it after Patkin left, but as long as Reid is on, I'll watch. As for who was in the SUV, I have no idea. Hopefully none of the prominent characters were killed. CSI is already having a HUGE cast turnover this season, so I'd like to keep this whole introducing new characters thing to a minimum.
    I'm fairly certain it isn't one of the main characters. I'm betting it is the Brit who heads up the New York office - seems like that from the commercials I've seen. Plus, having her injured would be a good way to continue the storyline about whether or not Morgan will leave to take her job as was alluded to in the season finale.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    I'm fairly certain it isn't one of the main characters. I'm betting it is the Brit who heads up the New York office - seems like that from the commercials I've seen. Plus, having her injured would be a good way to continue the storyline about whether or not Morgan will leave to take her job as was alluded to in the season finale.
    If Morgan does take her job, I have no reason to watch the show.

oh...i thought this thread was about Bush and Cheney...

So what did you think of the new episode?

I was glad none of the main characters died, but was disappointed that I knew who the bomber was and where the 2nd bomb was long before it was revealed on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    So what did you think of the new episode?

I was glad none of the main characters died, but was disappointed that I knew who the bomber was and where the 2nd bomb was long before it was revealed on the show.
    Me too. I wanted to know who the person was at the hospital the secret service was protecting. Why? I wanted an explanation as to why these guys were so willing to sacrifice their lives.

Once again, found this a little bit predictable.

I fell asleep about halfway through. So, where was the second bomb? In the hospital? And they never told who they were protecting? I guessed the bomber was the kid almost right away.

You're right. Too predictable. Must be why I fell asleep.

Spoiler if you haven't seen the show

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    I fell asleep about halfway through. So, where was the second bomb? In the hospital? And they never told who they were protecting? I guessed the bomber was the kid almost right away.

You're right. Too predictable. Must be why I fell asleep.
    The bomb, a big one (perhaps made with magnesium because it burned white hot when it went off), was in the ambulance that Hotchner drove under the hospital. The EMT with it was the second bomber. Don't know who was being protected, but rest assured, even though the bomb went off, all turned out well.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    The EMT with it was the second bomber.
    Yeah, I suspected something was up with the EMT. That whole situation was just weird, with him showing up alone, the back way, ignoring the blockades, his partner "too scared to come with". Right when it looked like they weren't going to be able to get into the hospital, he yells from the back, "We're losing her!" Pretty ingenius on their part, but I don't really buy that a bunch of FBI people wouldn't figure that out sooner and stop them.

Just a reminder for any of those interested...

Criminal Minds returns tonight! How does everyone think the season is going so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    Criminal Minds returns tonight! How does everyone think the season is going so far?
    It will be on in the wee hours of the morning here in the Triangle due to a college basketball game airing on WRAL, not sure who and don't care as it's not Duke.

I have several episodes saved on DVR, but don't find myself eager to watch them. This year seems kind of blah, same plot over and over again.

I'm going to miss tonight's Criminal Minds episode since channel 2 in Greensboro is delaying broadcast until 1:37 am because of a basketball game.
    Tom Mac