Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Georgetown-North Carolina

Wow, these guys are off to a fast start!

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Georgetown has no answer for Hansbrough. He looks like he's missing a tooth... anyone else notice that?

As much as I'd like to see the ACC represented in Atlanta (even if it is the Tar Heels), I don't think UNC has the ability to beat Georgetown, especially after their dismal performance vs USC.

Pace is all wrong for Georgetown, and Hans is already on a parade to the foul line. This could get ugly, quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    Hansbrough looks like he's missing a tooth... anyone else notice that?
    It's a two-tone (blue and white) mouthguard. They're quite the "in-thing" with centers, this year (guards in school colors), although I saw a green and yellow one that just looked nasty, even in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkD View Post
    It's a two-tone (blue and white) mouthguard. They're quite the "in-thing" with centers, this year (guards in school colors), although I saw a green and yellow one that just looked nasty, even in HD.
    Strange.

GO HOYAS.

Haha anyone else just see him take out his mouthguard and say "F###!"

why is it that unc is so deep that a scrub like thompson can go in there and get a quick 6?

How could a recruiting expert watch Thompson then Zoubek and then rank Zoubek 20 spots higher.

Haven't you heard, we're supposed to play Zoubek all the time.

Not as much as Pocius though.

Carolina goes on a 17-4 run and it looks as easy as respiration.

---Roger Ebert

Who’s gonna bury who
    ---Over the Rhine

JTIII is going to really wish he hadn't been T'd. Not only was it bad then, but he can't use that option to try and work the refs as Hans continues his free-throw shooting clinic. 8-8 already.

free throws

Quote Originally Posted by dukemsu View Post
    Pace is all wrong for Georgetown, and Hans is already on a parade to the foul line. This could get ugly, quickly.
    Is hansbrough the only one allowed to go to the free throw line in this game? Goodness.

C'mon Georgetown, slow it down some. You can do this!

Roy's refs will not let Carolina lose.
    I mean, 16 free throws already.
    But when it happens to Duke, everyone notices.

To the Heels' credit, they are making the FTs. But I agree, you will not hear anyone on any of the networks discussing the FT disparity, and I doubt JTIII will bring it up.

But it's there, plain as day. Not that it has to be equal, because UNC is attacking. Still, the sheer size of the disparity should at least raise a few eyebrows.

Remember that time when Duke beat Georgetown? When was that again? Oh yea... this year. We looked pretty good at the beginning of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by hamlin27 View Post
    Roy's refs will not let Carolina lose.
    I mean, 16 free throws already.
    But when it happens to Duke, everyone notices.

well, that's because when Duke is involved it's a conspiracy involving the refs, the NCAA, al-Qaida and the Illuminati. With UNC, it's just because they are the FAR superior team. C'mon, everybody knows that.

I get winded just sitting on the sofa, watching Carolina.

---Roger Ebert

Who’s gonna bury who
    ---Over the Rhine

I wouldn't go this far myself, but when I was watching the USC-UNC game with my Dad on Friday night, he was completely convinced that Roy had something shady going on with the officials. Even when USC built their seemingly insurmountable lead early in the second half, he kept going on and on about how Roy would make sure things would be "righted." Well, we all saw what happened... Maybe there is something to it lol.

All I know is the Trojans broke my heart.

I should note that what I wouldn't "go that far" about is Roy paying off the officials, which is what my Dad is so convinced of. I would never want to believe this about college basketball, so I would never even accuse the game of this. I do, however, believe that Carolina gets much more "attention" from the refs than we do. Ours is blown way out of proportion due to the whole "I hate Duke" persona the entire nation seems to be sporting these days, but we get nowhere near the calls Carolina does. Especially the the past couple of seasons, in which the officials seem to be scared of calling anything for us in fear of being nationally chastised.
    Last edited by throatybeard; 03-25-2007 at 06:13 PM.

Bonehead Technical by JTIII

Does anyone agree that this may have helped the Tarheels with the FT disparity.

I think it hurt them in the respect that JTIII cannot "shame" the officials with a tirade and an ensuing T because he'd then be ejected. That trick will often buy you at least a few calls with officials when the game is obviously being called inconsistently.

I'm not sure this game is being called horribly. Georgetown has not attacked the basket as much as Carolina. Still, as I feared, Hans continues to get a strange amount of calls on which no advantage is gained, he just runs into a guy and the ref feels compelled to call something 'cause there is contact.

GU keeps cutting it to one, but UNC gets in into Hans every possession seemingly.

---Roger Ebert

Who’s gonna bury who
    ---Over the Rhine