Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wake Forest 30, Ole Mess 28

Deacons trail 14-10 at halftime. In Winston. They killed OM two years ago in Oxford. Of course, the Confederates are much improved. This is a game the ACC can ill-afford to lose. Miami is likely to get rolled by UF, and we'll have our hands full with NU. (About a touchdown dog). Pretty much everyone else in the league is playing little teams OOC.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Pretty much everyone else in the league is playing little teams OOC.
    And STILL doing poorly. Virginia is only up 3-0 late in the first half against a (decent) 1-AA team. Virginia Tech only led Furman by 3 at halftime. Clemson is winning by 14 so that's hardly a disaster, but against Citadel at home a team like that should have opened up a bigger margin. I do think Wake will end up winning.

We really have a chance to win multiple conference games this season - a great year for Cutcliffe to come in.

Hmmm, hopefully this all turns around. If not, maybe we(ACC) should opt out of the BCS or whatever it is called.

A decent 3rd quarter has them up 20-14...

Ole miss scored, but WF came right back and is playing solid half way through the 4th. 27-21 wake..

wow. ole miss scores on a completely busted play on 4th and 2 from their 5 with 1 minute left...wake on the opponents 40 with 20 seconds left and a great kicker on their sideline...

Swank drills a 41 yarder with 3 seconds left. WF wins 30-28

on a related note, how about ECU straight up OWNING WVU?!

Go Wake!

Great game from Ole Miss and Wake. Really seemed like the last time to have the ball was going to win. Fortunately for the Deacs, they were the last ones with the ball.

Wink ECU is tough

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    on a related note, how about ECU straight up OWNING WVU?!
    This looks like a good year NOT to schedule ECU.

sagegrouse

on the positive side...

ECU is crushing #8 West Virginia 24-3, so VT's loss last week to ECU (27-22) doesn't look so bad.

And nobody seems to be talking about the ineptitude of the Big East, with Pitt losing to Bowling Green last week, Kentucky crushing Louisville in similar fashion to SC's win over NCSU, and Akron beating Syracuse this week.

I don't think anybody is taking ECU seriously this year, and they seem to have a pretty good ballclub.

BTW, NEVER bet on Houston the Nut to win a close game in the SEC. I lived close to AR when I was younger, and he's AWWWWFUUUULLLL (much to my happiness and undying glee since I can't stand the Razorbacks).

I'd put West Virginia in the same category as Clemson. They never seem to be able to live up to the hype and play consistently when they need to. Watch out for ECU now as their next two out of conference games are against ACC foes.

My question about ECU based on their first two games of the season is...If you're a voter, where would you rank ECU?

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    My question about ECU based on their first two games of the season is...If you're a voter, where would you rank ECU?
    They considered this question on the ESPN postgame. According to Mark May, they should be easily in the top 12. As the resident Pirate around these parts, that definitely works for me. One thing I know...there isn't another team in the country with a more impressive pair of wins. Also, as I said in the ECU-specific thread I just posted, the Pirates will be favored in all of their remaining games. This is quite a good shot for them to sneak into the BCS.

I'd put West Virginia in the same category as Clemson. They never seem to be able to live up to the hype and play consistently when they need to. Watch out for ECU now as their next two out of conference games are against ACC foes.

While WVU laid a major egg today, this equation of them with Clemson is inaccurate. In the last 5 seasons, Clemmy is 40-23, never losing fewer than 4 games in a season. (2-2 in bowls). They've never made it to the ACCCG since expansion. WVU OTOH is 49-14 with three 1- or 2-loss seasons. (3-2 in bowls). With 3 BE championships including one when Miami was still in the conference and still good. The BE has arguably been a tougher league than the ACC the last 3 or 4 seasons.

East Carolina has beaten the 17th ranked team and the 8th ranked team. (Qualification about preseason polls). They should crack the poll somewhere around 12-15.

---Roger Ebert

Who’s gonna bury who
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    They considered this question on the ESPN postgame. According to Mark May, they should be easily in the top 12. As the resident Pirate around these parts, that definitely works for me. One thing I know...there isn't another team in the country with a more impressive pair of wins. Also, as I said in the ECU-specific thread I just posted, the Pirates will be favored in all of their remaining games. This is quite a good shot for them to sneak into the BCS.
    I hope they receive at least one vote for No. 1!

I hope they receive at least one vote for No. 1!
    East Carolina over Fresno State in the national title game?

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    East Carolina has beaten the 17th ranked team and the 8th ranked team. (Qualification about preseason polls). They should crack the poll somewhere around 12-15.
    Ahem.

14 it is: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3574200

---Roger Ebert

Who’s gonna bury who
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus000 View Post
    I don't think anybody is taking ECU seriously this year, and they seem to have a pretty good ballclub.

BTW, NEVER bet on Houston the Nut to win a close game in the SEC. I lived close to AR when I was younger, and he's AWWWWFUUUULLLL (much to my happiness and undying glee since I can't stand the Razorbacks).
    Heh... you must have lived in Texas. If there was one team Arkansas always beat, it was Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by bhd28 View Post
    Heh... you must have lived in Texas. If there was one team Arkansas always beat, it was Texas.
    Huh? Arkansas is 21-55 against Texas.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...hp?teamid=3198

Nutt did go 2-1 against the Longhorns. A Cotton Bowl win, a win at Austin, and a loss at home. So that would make Arkansas 20-54 against Texas before the Hogs left to go to the SEC.

---Roger Ebert

Who’s gonna bury who
    ---Over the Rhine