Thread: Google Chrome

Google Chrome

Anybody try Google Chrome yet? What do you think? Speed tests look impressive...http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-10030888-92.html It looks like a very bare bones browser experience, which I like to a certain extent, but takes time to get used to. I really really like the add-ons available on Firefox and have grown dependent on many of them.

I was going to download it until I watched the one box for everything demo on Google's site. I then puked a little...

Wondered when someone was going to mention this...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post

I was going to download it until I watched the one box for everything demo on Google's site. I then puked a little...
    I just got back from dinner and I puked a lot. No way I'm going to try it now.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

as far as I know there isn't a version for mac out yet, which is what I use =) Ill check it out once one comes out, though I will stick with Firefox for now

I'm browsing with Chrome right now. At least you can post on dbr with it, that's a good sign. For the most part it is exactly as advertised. Looks good, has neat features, and is not crashing. But all that does is put Chrome on par with Firefox.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Ok, Google can officially drop the 'do no evil' mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Ok, Google can officially drop the 'do no evil' mantra.
    too bad "go to hell" query doesn't go to unc.edu any more...

another minor complaint i have is, some of the DBR font shows up weird. the part that says "Bulletin Boards: Main Board Off Topic Public Policy Ticket Exchange" looks funny to me.

I do like that it's faster, but you can't block images (I hate facebook ads). So right now I'm using FF and Chrome at the same time

More competition cannot possibly be bad.