Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stealing the Carolina Game Ball. What a great move.

I heard that there would be surprises last night, but having the Carolina game ball delivered to Wallace Wade was one of the best pranks ever! It's right up there with the Cadets kidnapping that silly Navy goat.

Interesting theory. Here are some alternate theories I've heard:

> The guys did land at UNC, but they heard some Carolina students in the stands scream "Go back to the ghetto" so they left.
    > Ty Lawson was piloting the plane drunk.
    > UNC officials tried to give the pilot the correct coordinates but literally couldn't find Chapel Hill on the map.
    > The parachutes opened over Chapel Hill, but the guys were swept nine miles away by wind due to UNC blowing so much.
    > UNC hired an agency to find the most qualified paratroopers, and were recommended to the national parachute champions of 1924 (as declared by the Helms foundation).
    > The plane was directly over UNC, but the paratroopers were pushed out of the vehicle by Marion Jones.

We need to get a team together to investigate more seriously and find out the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post

> The guys did land at UNC, but they heard some Carolina students in the stands scream "Go back to the ghetto" so they left.
    > UNC officials tried to give the pilot the correct coordinates but literally couldn't find Chapel Hill on the map.
    > The parachutes opened over Chapel Hill, but the guys were swept nine miles away by wind due to UNC blowing so much.
    > UNC hired an agency to find the most qualified paratroopers, and were recommended to the national parachute champions of 1924 (as declared by the Helms foundation).
    > The plane was directly over UNC, but the paratroopers were pushed out of the vehicle by Marion Jones.

We need to get a team together to investigate more seriously and find out the truth.
    LOL!! I vote for the 1924 Helms parachuters. Aided by the Marion Jones shove!

Post of the week!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Post of the week!
    Haha couldn;t agree more with the Lawson idea.

That's hilarious!!!! GTHC, GTH, ES!!!

Potw

A UNC official said that this might be funny in five years. He's wrong, it is funny now. Was this a sign of an improved Duke defense? After all, they recovered the ball from a team playing eight miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    A UNC official said that this might be funny in five years. He's wrong, it is funny now. Was this a sign of an improved Duke defense? After all, they recovered the ball from a team playing eight miles away.
    Now THIS is the POTW!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

parachutists

There simply MUST be something in this for the FITSter. Paging the long lost FITSter.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axbq6UaUOfE

Grabbed from the front page.

--

Watching from our tailgate, in the 751 lot, I was wondering what skydivers were doing jumping in an hour before the scheduled start.

Tar Heels aren't amused...

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/64374

UNC parachutes land at Duke
    Posted: Sunday August 31, 2008 07:59AM ET

"In about five years, maybe this will be funny," UNC associate athletic director Rick Steinbacher said.

Maybe it's just me...but I think he's off by about five years.

I'm sure there's also some joke to be made about Hansbrough and traveling in there but I can't quite articulate it...

ROF BMG LMAO

Nope, I think it is funny today.

FYI: Rolling on floor Busting my gut Laughing my pottymouth!pottymouth!pottymouth! off

Some of you have asked before what it means.

so i was at the student tailgate watching them come down and i was joking about them being off...if only i had known the true story...this just made my morning =)

FITSter

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    There simply MUST be something in this for the FITSter. Paging the long lost FITSter.
    All hail the long lost FITSter who has returned to the Front/Main/Home page with a brief but amusing report.

Tar Heels

The FITSter is amused, however. (see front/main/home page)

Maybe all of the hot air rising out of Chapel Hill is what lifted them off-course?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Maybe all of the hot air rising out of Chapel Hill is what lifted them off-course?
    That's what I was thinking. The pilot decided to avoid the heat and flames that were visible in hell and decided to go to Wallace Wade instead.

I hope the Duke officials held onto the game ball. They should have it bronzed and then play for it every year, a la Floyd of Rosedale or Little Brown Jug.

I'm sure someone on this board can come up with a creative name for this annual award - the amusing history is already written thanks to Aerial Adventures of Virginia.