Argh Season Start Already!!!

I am so ready for the darned basketball season, and we are still a ways out. I wish it would just start already.

That is all.

The Summer Olympic teaser got your juices flowing, eh?

the schedule release more like it for me

Quote Originally Posted by bigj4194 View Post
    the schedule release more like it for me
    I understand that this is the Duke Basketball Report but it is football season. Get out to Wallace Wade tomorrow, enjoy yourself, and help relieve us of the usual comments from the media that Duke fans don't care about football, they just want it over. Coach K will be there.

Football. Hm. I have heard of that sport before. Don't they play it a lot in Florida?

In all seriousness... football is nice, but I don't live in the area and no Duke football game is going to be on TV... plus, I just don't care about football.

Duke basketball is where it is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Argh Season Start Already!!!
    I have tried this before - doesn't work. Do what I do and invest yourself in the wonderful NFL season!

Quote Originally Posted by Inonehand View Post
    I understand that this is the Duke Basketball Report but it is football season. Get out to Wallace Wade tomorrow, enjoy yourself, and help relieve us of the usual comments from the media that Duke fans don't care about football, they just want it over. Coach K will be there.
    I plan on being at every home game this year. As a senior, I have only seen one home victory and I plan on experiencing many this year. I am very excited for football season and a huge football fan...I was solely basing my comment off of the title of this thread...the fact that I do want basketball season to start because i think college basketball is the best sport of all to watch.

With that...Go DUKE FB and yes i do wish that basketball season starts soon

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Football. Hm. I have heard of that sport before. Don't they play it a lot in Florida?

In all seriousness... football is nice, but I don't live in the area and no Duke football game is going to be on TV... plus, I just don't care about football.

Duke basketball is where it is at.
    I understand what you mean, but for many of us, this is about school loyalty. Enjoy whatever you're going to do on Saturday! The rest of us will be at Wallace Wade having a great time together ushering in the Coach Cutliffe era and supporting OUR team!

It's still hiking season... in fact it's the best part of the hiking season. And you people want to spend Saturdays and Sundays in front of your teevees?

I may BE on TV....

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    It's still hiking season... in fact it's the best part of the hiking season. And you people want to spend Saturdays and Sundays in front of your teevees?
    No, dahlin', I'm not going to be watching TV. I'm going to be leading our songs and football cheers in Section 24 next to the students and the band.

hurleyfor3 - I'm with you, Saturdays and Sundays in September and October are for getting out to the mountains. Of course, in my time zone, I can take a full-day hike and get back in time for a noon EDT kickoff -- not that I can find the game on Bosnian television... by the way, nice pics.

BalkanBoy

thats what my roomate said. he's hiking volacnoes along the oregon/california border as we speak. I'll miss one weekend of hiking for the first weekend of college FB though...so i suppose the 2nd/3rd weekends might be better as lots of people have their cupcake games this week...

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    thats what my roomate said. he's hiking volacnoes along the oregon/california border as we speak. I'll miss one weekend of hiking for the first weekend of college FB though...so i suppose the 2nd/3rd weekends might be better as lots of people have their cupcake games this week...
    I did South Sister two Labor Days ago and the area around Jefferson last Labor Day. Tahoe instead of volcanoes this year... but the Washington Cascades the week after that.